Names of Stars

Acubens: From Arabic, "the claws." A star in Cancer
Adhara: From Arabic, "virgin." A star in Canis Major
Alamak: From Arabic, "the caracal" (desert lynx). A star in Andromeda.
Alcyone: Greek, one of the Pleiades. A star in Taurus.
Algol: A star in Perseus, called the "Demon Star." Name means "head of the ogre" in Arabic, because it's Medusa's eye.
Altair: From Arabic, "the eagle." One of the three points of the Summer Triangle. A star in Aquila.
Aldebaran: From Arabic, "the follower," a star in Taurus.
Arcturus: Latin, "guardian of the bear." A star in Bootis.
Antares: Greek, "rival to Ares," because it's red like the planet Mars. A star in Scorpio.
Ashlesha: "The embrace," the Snake Star in Hindu astrology. A star in Hydra.
Asterope: Greek, one of the Pleiades. A star in Taurus.
Bellatrix: Latin, "female warrior." A star in Orion. May be familiar.
Betelgeuse: From Arabic, "the hand of Orion." A star in Orion. Don't say it three times.
Castor: One of the twins in Greek mythology whom Gemini represents. A star in Gemini.
Celaeno: Greek, one of the Pleiades, a star in Taurus
Chalawan: The name of a crocodile king in Thai mythology. A star in Ursa Major.
Deneb: One of the points of the Summer Triangle, a star in Cygnus.
Dziban: From Arabic, "the two wolves." A star in Draco.
Electra: Greek, one of the Pleiades, a star in Taurus.
Eltanin/Etamin: From Arabic, "the great serpent." A star in Draco.
Fawaris: From Arabic, "the riders/knights." A star in Cygnus.
Gienah: From Arabic, "the right wing of the crow." A star in Corvus.
Khambalia: Egyptian, "crooked claw." A star in Virgo
Kornephoros: Greek, "club-bearer." A star in Hercules.
Lesath: From Arabic, referring to the bite of a poisonous animal. The "stinger" of Scorpio.
Libertas: Latin for "liberty," a star in Aquila (the eagle).
Lich: A star in Virgo, actually named for an undead necromancer. Its planets are named Draugr, Poltergeist, and Phobetor, after undead creatures in Norse mythology, disruptive ghosts, and the Greek spirit of nightmares, respectively. How awesome is that?
Maia: Greek, one of the Pleiades, a star in Taurus
Meissa: From Arabic, "the shining one." A star in Orion.
Mira: From Latin, "wonderful, astonishing, miraculous." A star in Cetus.
Merope: Greek, one of the Pleiades, a star in Taurus. May be familiar.
Nashira: From Arabic, "the lucky one." A star in Capricorn.
Nembus: A star in Andromeda
Pleione: Greek, one of the Pleiades, a star in Taurus.
Polaris: The North Star, in Ursa Minor.
Pollux: The other twin from Greek mythology whom Gemini represents, a star in Gemini.
Procyon: Greek, "before the dog." A star in Canis Minor.
Rastaban: From Arabic, "the head of the dragon." A star in Draco.
Regulus: Latin, "little king" or "prince." A star in Leo. May be familiar.
Rigel: From Arabic, refers to the leg/foot of Orion. A star in Orion, and the seventh-brightest in the sky.
Saiph: From Arabic, "the sword of the giant." A star in Orion.
Sargas: Traditional Sumerian name for a star in Scorpio
Segin/Seginus: Traditional names of unknown origin in Cassiopeia and Boötes, respectively.
Sheratan: From Arabic, "sign" (it signified the vernal equinox), a star in Aries.
Sirius: From Greek, "the scorcher." A star in Canis Major. Sometimes called the Dog Star. Rises at the summer solstice, hence "dog days." The brightest star in the sky (as seen from Earth). May be familiar.
Taygeta: Greek, one of the Pleiades, a star in Taurus.
Thuban: From Arabic, "snake." The tail of Draco.
Toliman: One of the stars in the Alpha Centauri star system (the closest one to the Sun).
Vega: From Arabic, "the swooping vulture." A star in Lyra. One of the points of the Summer Triangle. The second-brightest star in the sky.