Names for Witches

There are a lot of names that can work for witches, including most of the Goth Names and almost any herb or crystal names, but I decided (mostly for my own reference) to compile a list of names that are particularly good for witches, enchantresses, sorceresses, etc. that may be good or evil. Once again, I may have heavily drawn on mythology! I'm also leaving most crystal names (Amethyst, Carnelian, etc.) off of it because any of them could work. The first list is all female names. I haven't found nearly as many male names.

Acrasia: A witch in The Faerie Queene who tempts and bewitches people, controlling their minds. Means "lacking command."

Agatha: Means "good." A disproportionately common name for witches in media. (For example, the Enchantress in the live-action Beauty and the Beast, Aggie Cromwell from Halloweentown, and Agatha Prenderghast from ParaNorman).

Akantha: A Greek name meaning "thorn."

Alcina: An evil sorceress and seductress from Orlando furioso, and the title character of a series of operas. Meaning uncertain.

Aradia: The title character of Charles Geoffrey Leland's book Aradia, or the Gospel of the Witches. A moon goddess and basically the witch version of Jesus, at least in that book.

Arcana: Latin word meaning "secret" (literally "to shut in a chest"), also a word for the two groups of cards in a tarot deck.

Argante: The Queen of Avalon in one Arthurian text, a version of Morgan le Fay. Might be related to argenta ("silver").

Arianrhod: A Welsh goddess, associated with the moon, stars, fertility, and the passage of time. Means "silver wheel."

Armida: The name of the witch/seductress in Tasso's Jerusalem Delivered, meaning uncertain.

Asterope: The mother of Circe. Means "lightning."

Autumn: The season containing Halloween/Samhain.

Belladonna: A poisonous herb. Means "beautiful woman."

Briar: Refers to thorny bushes. Could be associated with evil enchantments, beautiful roses, or both.

Brigid: Celtic fire goddess. Means either "strength, virtue" or "exalted one."

Cassandra: A Greek prophetess whom Apollo cursed so no one would believe her. Means "she who entangles men." Could be shortened to "Cassie."

Cerridwen: Welsh enchantress goddess associated with the sacred cauldron of divine inspiration. Means "blessed woman."

Circe: A sorceress in Greek mythology who turned men into animals and who was a priestess of Hecate. Means "hoop-round."

Despoina: A daughter of Demeter and Poseidon associated with Arcadian mystery cults. Means "the mistress."

Diana: Roman name of the goddess Artemis, the virgin goddess of the moon and the hunt. Associated with Dianic Wicca, a modern cult centered around this goddess.

Edana: Means "little fire."

Elergia/Annowre: An evil sorceress in Arthurian legend who tries to seduce Arthur.

Endora: The Witch of Endor was a sorceress in the Bible.

Empusa: Female monsters that served Hecate.