Sleeping Arrangements

Draco wracked his brain trying to figure out the best course of action to deal with the upset witch standing in front of him. He wasn't used to having to deal with someone who was upset for terrifying reasons. It wasn't at all the same as a girl getting her feelings hurt when they caught feelings and he didn't. 

What would make her feel better?

"Come," he said. "You need to get cleaned up."

He held his hand out to her to help her up.

She hesitated for a moment and then placed her hand in his and he helped her stand before letting go.

Draco turned and led her into his bathroom. He went through the motions of showing her how things worked ,waving his hand for the shower and showing her where the towels were.

"Promise me you won't try to escape tonight," said Draco.

He knew he couldn't ask her not to try ever, but he wanted one night where he didn't have to worry about her.

Granger hesitated.

"Look, I'm only asking for tonight," he snapped. "I want to get a good night sleep without having to worry. It's the least you can give me after-"

"Alright," she cut him off.

Draco's face gave away his surprise that she had agreed.

"Good," he nodded, if she promised she would keep that promise. She was honest like that.

You should leave her alone, you know you can trust her to stay and she probably needs some time...

"Then I can leave you alone in here."

With that Draco turned and left.

_

Hermione looked around the bathroom.

It was a beautiful room, gilded and fit for a mansion.

She was surprised and thankful that Malfoy had left her alone.

If she hadn't promised him not to try and escape she doubted she would have been afforded the courtesy of privacy.

First he saves you from death and Greyback claiming you , then he saves you from the cellar and Greyback trying to rape you.

Flashback's from the cellar hit Hermione in waves.

Don't think about it,she tried to tell herself.

Hermione waved her hand and the waterfall shower began to flow.

She looked in the mirror and saw the bruise on her face. It wasn't near as bad as she had expected it to be.

Greyback's face appeared in her mind and she jumped back form the mirror.

Despite having just woken up she felt exhausted; Totally and utterly spent from everything she had been put through.

She striped off her torn shirt and threw it in the waste basket, not sure what she would wear afterwards, but knowing she wouldn't...couldn't wear it again even if Draco was kind enough to mend it.

Kind enough...She shook her head. He was a Malfoy, he wasn't kind, he was cunning. There had to be an ulterior motive behind his actions.

But he saved you.

She shook her head trying to shake out the images of the cellar from her thoughts. She found she couldn't and she lashed out with a cry punching the wall.

"Fuck!" she yelled and grabbed hold of her now throbbing knuckles.

She looked to the door. Seconds passed and nothing happened. Hermione realized he wasn't going to just burst in on her. She really did have the room to herself. She looked at the window.

I could just go...

How high up is it?

She went to the window as the room filled with steam and opened it looking down.

Three stories, she said to herself. You might make it..

Or you might break an ankle.

It was a decision for another time if she couldn't find a better way. She had promised not tonight and he was right, she owed him at least that much. Regardless of his motivations he had saved her.

You owe Draco your life...

Why did he save me?

Hermione went back to the shower and stepped under the spray and moaned.

It had been weeks since she had, had a real shower.

Before being captured they had been in hiding without running water. True she had had water and magic and had kept clean but this was something different, after so long it felt like an absolute luxury. She tilted her head back and let the water flow over her.

It felt good to wash away the day.

She wished she could wash away the memories along with the dirt.

When she had finished she wrapped a towel around herself and went back out to the bedroom.

Draco turned to face her as she entered the room and froze.

Hermione saw his shock and then she saw something else in his eyes. Something that scared her. His eyes raked her body and he looked away.

She saw his hands fist.

He went over to his dresser and yanked the drawer open abruptly, his movements sharp. He grabbed a set of pajama pants and then opened another drawer and pulled out a shirt.

"Get dressed," he ordered tossing them both at her.

He sounded mad and Hermione shrank at his tone.

Why is he suddenly so mad?she wondered. What had changed? His anger felt sharp against her skin.

You're just being sensitive, don't overthink it.

Hermione slipped back into the washroom and pulled on the cloths quickly. The pants were soft and cozy and much to long for her. The shirt fit...possibly a little too well. She was happy for her bra. Usually she would never wear it to bed; here it felt like an extra layer of protection.

She stopped, her hand on the doorknob.

I don't want to go back there, not back to the cellar,she thought. The idea of going back down there filled her with dread.

Where was she going to sleep?

Hermione went back into the room to find Draco pacing.

He sized her up once more this time his face was a mask-giving away nothing except a general air of anger.

What is going on?She wondered.What changed his demeanor so quickly? What did I do?

"I don't want to go back to the cellar," she blurted.

Her words stopped Draco's pacing.

"I'm not sending you back down there," said Draco with a scowl.

"Then... where am I going to sleep?"

Draco paused seeming to debate something before answering.

"Here," he said. "You're going to sleep here...with me."

-

AND THERE'S Your Cliffhanger. At least for a little bit. I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and this story in general. Please do leave some love if you do.