Sick Day Cuddles

Stony dads x Peter son

Thirteen year old Peter Rogers-Stark woke up feeling completely horrible. His throat felt like sandpaper, he had a splitting headache, his stomach was churning, and he alternated between freezing and sweating. He couldn't tell his fathers, though; they had meetings that day and would feel obligated to cancel and stay home with him.

"Peter, your temperature is raised at 101.4 degrees Fahrenheit. Would you like me to alert Dr. Banner and your fathers?" FRIDAY asked as Peter stumbled out of bed, catching his balance on his desk.

"No!" Peter called out, making himself dizzy at the sudden yelling. "It's fine, I'm okay."

"Pete, you okay?" Steve called through the door, having heard his son yell as he walked down the hall.

"Y-yeah, I'm okay!" Peter said with his voice shaking, which alarmed his father even more.

"You don't sound okay. I'm coming in." Steve opened the door and saw his son looking pale and unstable. "Buddy, what's wrong? You look awful."

Peter sighed as Steve rested a hand against his forehead before pressing it to the back of his neck. "I'm okay, Pops."

"Pete, you are far from okay. Don't try and act like you're fine. Now come on, tell me what's hurting." Steve coaxed.

"Head, throat, stomach, everything." Peter mumbled.

"Dizzy?"

He nodded slowly.

"Okay, I'm going to cancel my meetings for the day and stay home with you. Dad just left but I'm sure he'll turn around and come back. I'll get Bruce to come take a look but I think it's just the flu." Steve explained, noticing the way Peter's face dropped at his words.

"Sorry Pops." He spoke barely above a whisper before leaning against Steve's chest.

"For what, kiddo?" He asked, wrapping his arms around Peter.

"Canceling meetings."

"You have nothing to be sorry for, sweetheart. You aren't making me cancel meetings, I am choosing to cancel meetings because you're more important to me, and your dad too." Steve assured him, running his fingers through Peter's hair.

Peter suddenly pulled away from Steve and ran to the bathroom, beginning to vomit into the toilet.

"I'm right here, buddy." Steve whispered, kneeling beside his son.

—————

"How're you feeling, kiddo?" Tony asked his son as he walked into his and Steve's room where Peter was lying beside Steve. As soon as he'd gotten a text from his husband that Pete was sick, he demanded that Happy turn around immediately.

"Mmmph." Peter groaned, his head pressed against Steve's chest as the father ran his fingers through his son's hair.

"Bruce just came by, he says it's just the flu and he'll bring some meds up soon." Steve explained before pressing a kiss to Peter's temple.

"I'm sorry, Petey. You need anything? Something to eat or drink?" Tony asked, laying on the other side of Peter and placing a hand a bit above him to feel the heat radiate off of him.

"No." Peter mumbled as he nuzzled closer to him. Soon the teenager was asleep between his fathers.

"He got worse quick." Steve told Tony as he placed a cool washcloth against Peter's forehead. "Although, he broke my heart earlier."

"Why?"

"He tried to hide being sick so we wouldn't cancel our meetings because of him."

Tony awed. "Sweet boy, doesn't realize that we would sacrifice anything to be here for him."

"He is a sweet kid. I just wish he wouldn't get so sick every time he catches a cold or the flu."

"Yeah, me too." Tony sighed. "At least we're get extra Peter time."

Steve chuckled. "Yeah, I wish he didn't have school so often. Five days, six hours a day, it's a lot of time to not see him. We should homeschool instead."

Now it was Tony's turn to chuckle. "I don't think that would go well, nor do I think he would want that."

Peter smiled; he had woken up after Steve put the washcloth on him and heard his fathers' conversation. It made him feel better about himself, especially the fact that they said they'd sacrifice anything to be there for him.