Chapter 27

"We've manage to pinpoint their exact location" my tech guy said walking over to me with his laptop to show me where they were holding my angel

Luca, Enzo, Stefano and a few other men were sitting in the living room with me going over different strategies.

"Ok, so they are staying at the safe house here" he said pointing at the laptop screen.

They weren't very far from where we were. In fact since we had to relocate, they were even closer than they would have been if we were still at the mansion.

The mansion was under renovation right now because of all the damage that bastard and his men caused. So now I was staying at my villa in New York.

Yes, I have many houses, but what else could you expect. I have to have a lot of places, because when shit like this happened I could easily relocate so my enemies couldn't find me.

I had lost a lot of men the day of the attack and I was very lucky to still be alive. Probably God wasn't ready for me as yet.

Who was I kidding?

I'm going straight to hell.

It was a good thing that I had sent Enzo, Luca, Stefano and a few others on a mission hours prior to the attack. Maybe if they were there, they would be dead like some of the others.

They were the ones that found me passed out with two gunshot wounds on my shoulder. I almost hadn't made it because I had lost too much blood. If they had gotten back an hour later, I would be dead.

Getting back to the matter at hand. I had lied to Boris to throw him off. He now thought that I didn't care about Layla, and as long as he thought that he would no longer be prepared for my arrival.

I now had the element of surprise and I was going to use that to my advantage. He has probably let his guard down already and I needed to get her back before he hurt her. Knowing that she was now useless to him, he would probably sell her or something.

He was a heartless man. There was once a time when he looked his wife up in a room just so that she wouldn't leave him, or so I had been told.

People always labeled me a monster, but some of the shit he did I would never condone. I might not have always respected women, but I would never sell them for profit. That was just sick. I believed women had the right to choose who they wanted, but sometimes they just needed a little nudge.

I had never forced a woman to be with me and I never will. I'm too good looking for that. Women always threw themselves at me and I couldn't blame them.

Enough about women. Now I only wanted one woman and she wasn't here right now, but she will be here soon.

She was the best thing that had ever happened to me and it scared me how much I needed her. I knew I felt something for her, but I wasn't sure what it was, her being away made me realize just how much I needed her, even though I wasn't ready to admit that to anyone. I was having a hard enough time admitting it to myself already.