1.0

*

*

Ana winced in pain, gritting her teeth together as the nurse ran her fingers over her shoulder. She had gotten back from the game and was told to go straight to the hospital. She was quickly growing annoyed - she'd been there for a while and they'd barely even touched her shoulder. All they had to do was pop it back into place.

If she'd known it'd take this long, she would have had one of her friends do it.

She wandered to the compound to meet with her friends after her shoulder had been fixed. Christina, Al and Will were all conversing amongst themselves, holding cups in their hands and laughing.

Christina was the first to spot Ana, waving her over when she did. Ana joined them with a smile, taking the cup that Will offered her. She eyed the yellow liquid before looking to her friend. "What is this?"

"Beer." Will answered. "Try it."

She brought it to her mouth, taking a sip of the alcohol before pulling the cup back and wrinkling her nose. "That's disgusting. How are you drinking it?"

"You don't notice the taste after a while." Christina laughed.

Ana only sat the cup down on the nearest surface. "Have you seen Tris?"

"She was talking to Four." Al said, looking down at the ground. "I didn't see where she went after."

Ana hummed. "I'm going to find something else to drink. Do you guys need anything?"

After her friends said no, she wandered around the compound, trying to find where the rest of the drinks were. She finally found it, and poured herself a glass of water. Ana leaned against the wall of the compound, watching the people as they conversed amongst each other.

Most people in the compound were older Dauntless members, though some of the leaders and initiates milled around. She didn't see Tris or any of the Dauntless-born initiates she met during the game and wondered where they'd have went.

"Amity!" Ana closed her eyes, mumbling under her breath as Eric approached her. When she reopened her eyes, she saw he had a cup in his hand, no doubt holding the beer her friends had been drinking.

He smiled lazily when he stopped in front of her. "Amity."

She crossed her arms over her chest, staring up at him with a bored expression. "Can I help you?"

His blue eyes drifted from her face to her shoulder. He lifted his fingers, trailing them across the top of her bone, so softly that Ana almost couldn't feel them. "Are you okay?"

His voice was as gentle as his touch and Ana suppressed a shiver as he spoke. Her eyes moved back to the alcohol in his hand and she huffed, knowing it was the only reason he was being kind to her. "Fine."