Not the right season

so for my mental health purposes the story itself will be on pause. But, I'm not stopping the story, I wanna continue it, ive just gotta give it an actual plot, but along with revising, ive got a life to live unfortunately. 

But, as a compromise, enjoy these little oneshots i will post until im ready to post the next part. Cant promise they'll be good, but at least im trying.

(also, judge me all u want, but im making a winter one in the middle of june)

--------------------------

White balls fell peacefully onto the ground outside a house. The sun was half risen, as well as the family inside of said house. The sound of pancakes echoed through the not fully awake household. Sizzle, Sizzle, Pop, Humming. Hizashi Yamada usually wasn't the quiet type. Quite the contrary actually. His quirk, being voice, would give that away. Typically he would be singing loudly, partly annoying his family, partly giving them joy as they swayed along. But this morning, he was quietly humming, enjoying the silence for once.  

He flipped a half way done pancake onto its other side, listening to the other voice in the kitchen, humming with him. Eri was happily coloring a picture of a cat, swinging her feet in timing with the quiet music. A glass of milk dangerously close to being hit was on one side of her, along with a rather large assortment of crayons. 

As he slid the last pancake on to the plate on his side, he looked over to the couch. There lay his husband, Shota Aizawa, and his two other kids, Hitoshi Shinso and Izuku Midoriya. How they always managed to fit on the tiny couch of their living room, Hizashi had no idea, but they did, and that's how the three managed to get sleep. Always next to another person in this household. He smiled and turn to Eri, who was almost finished with the drawing. She had colored a black cat with purple patches and green eyes. The collar was a sunflower yellow and red.

"Alright little listener, are you ready for breakfast?" Eri nodded excitedly, awaiting her "Best dad in the world #2"'s homemade pancakes. The first time Eri had called him that, he asked why number two instead of one, acting all offended. He knew the answer of course. The man whom he loved was number one. The messy black hair, sleep deprived man, had a way with the children in this house. Not being a very emotional man, if Yamada told that to anyone, especially class 1A, they wouldn't believe it. But the blonde wouldn't be lying when he said his lover had helped every single member of this household through a crisis. Whether it be a breakdown or a lost toy, he was there, and that was something Hizashi admired. He smiled to himself before turning back around to make Eri her plate. 

Both he and Eri had gotten their food, eating silently. Eri still didn't take her attention off of her picture.Some shuffling could be heard from another room, drawing nearer. A tired green haired boy, dressed in an extra large grey hoodie, came into the kitchen. His hood was flipped up, flattening his normal poof. He slid onto one of the chairs and pulled his knees to his chest. 

"Good morning Zuzu!" Eri offered, mouth half stuffed with pancake lathered in butter and syrup. Midoriya lifted his arm, half waving as his head slumped down against his knees. The blonde adult in the room grew concerned. "Not a good night?" He saw a faint shake of a head in response. Hizashi sighed and stood, collecting his plate and Eri's now finished one. "I know you're not gonna wanna eat my green headed listener, but you should still try." Yamada's hair swished behind him as he turned away from putting the plates in the sink. "So what's it gonna be? Now or later?" Izuku stiffened, unsure of the decision and the state of his stomach. He signed 'no'. He didn't want to eat, not now anyways. He was too tired. "Ah, not a talking day. That's okay little listener, there's not need to talk if you're not able to right now." Dad #2 pulled Izuku's hood down and ruffled the boy's hair. 

"Smells like pancakes in here, are they burnt this time or are they eatable?" A raspy voice entered the conversation. Hizashi gasped and clutched his chest. "How dare you" He he swung his hair around dramatically, "I did not burn them Hito, how dare you think that?" The purple headed boy of the family chuckled at one of his dad's antics. "Maybe I'll take it back if those pancakes of yours taste as good as they smell." Shinso walked over to said pancakes and took some for himself. "Dad's still asleep, he'll probably stay like that for a while. I caught him up at 4am." He glanced over to Izuku. "With you." Shinso frowned. "Are you okay? You haven't had an episode like that in a while." The broccoli nodded and tiredly smiled. "Okay, if you say so." Hitoshi hesitantly excepted. "Anyways, it's a bit cold in here. I'm gonna go get a sweater."

Later, Aizawa awoke. He made sarcastic comments about the weather, and how it was "too cold to be awake" but they all knew he secretly enjoyed it. 

They somehow always found themselves on the couch watching something. Together. As a family. All of them huddled together. But during the winter months, moments like these had a different aura. No, it wasn't different just because each of them held a mug in their hands, each one dedicated to the person holding it. Because during these times, they all were a little closer. Whether it was to produce more heat, or just because they wanted to. 

This family may be filled with emotionally unstable members, but it's a family for a reason. And this family, as long as they have each other, they're going to be just fine. 

-------------------------------------

(sorry it's so short. It's been nearly a month since i posted and it's not even that long. Sorry for that)

Hope you have a good day/night!

-Bee