Chapter twenty three

Stella

Going back home was a bittersweet feeling. I wanted to stay here and enjoy the beautiful area, but I wanted to go back home and see my parents.

Bane made promises that we would come back here soon.

Yesterday after Bane admitted his true feelings for me I stayed silent. I knew I had feelings for him, but could I call them love? Bane was ok with my silence, he told me not to feel obligated to tell him that I loved him, he wanted me to be comfortable when I admitted my real feelings towards him.

After Bane all but dragged me off the boat we were sat in the same car that had dropped us off.

I couldn't get a hold of mom and dad no matter how many times I called them. At first I was worried that something had happened, maybe hunters had taken them like they took me. Finally managing to calm down Bane reminded me that they went back home to pack their belongings, and that they'd be at their new home tomorrow.

Since it was just Bane and I, I wanted to do something special for him.

"I'm going to cook dinner tonight."

He smiled slightly. "Yeah?"

"Yes Bane. I told you before I'm a good cook."

"Never doubted that baby, I just don't want you to tire yourself. We could order takeout if you'd like."

"No I don't want takeout; I want to cook for you."

"Fine but only if I get to kiss the cook."

"We'll see about that, now leave so I can get started."

With one last kiss he left the room. Here goes nothing.

*
*

Pulling the chicken, out of the oven I placed it in the middle of kitchen table. Bane had literally no wine in the house so I went for my next best option and grabbed two cokes out of the fridge.

Running up to my closet I changed into a black and purple dress.

I knocked on Bane's office door before slipping inside. He looked up from his papers and smiled when he saw it was me.

"Dinners ready."

He put his papers down and walked towards, pushing me against the door and kissing me like his life depended on it.

"I missed you."

Catching my breath I blushed and laughed because I was only away from him for like two hours.

"Come on I don't want the food to get cold."

Bane's eyes were pitch black as he trapped me between his body and the door. "I can think of something else to eat."

Of course at that moment Alex walked in the room. I couldn't even look at him when I heard him chuckle.

"I'll be in the kitchen don't take to long."

Running out of his office I could barely breathe. How embarrassing! Alex had heard what he said, hopefully he didn't understand it, but who was I kidding?

-------------------
I wrote this at like 4AM please excuse any mistakes.