#32 Now you're infatuated

My eyes squinted to adjust to the light that filled up the room, my bed felt spacious and there was a cold draught behind me

My eyes squinted to adjust to the light that filled up the room, my bed felt spacious and there was a cold draught behind me. That's when I realized Liam was no longer next to me. Rolling over I allowed my fingers to trace the empty space where he once lay, moving my hand up to the pillow that caught all of his tears. What an emotional night. It was still really early, Liam must have snuck out in the early hours in efforts to avoid me this morning. I wish he had stayed, it would've been good for him to talk it through or for me to at least gauge how he was this morning. I looked around for a note but there wasn't a single sign that he had even been here at all besides the faint smell of oud wood seeping from the pillow. 

I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower, warm water bounced off my skin as I lathered the soap over my body. Trying to concentrate on cleansing away the nights events but my mind just went back to Liam every time. Pulling on my comfiest track suit I headed to the kitchen to fix myself some breakfast. 

I silently wondered if Liam had stopped for breakfast before leaving to go wherever it was he went, a voice in my mind told me that food might not always come so easily in Liams house but then I honestly had no idea about where he came from, I just knew someone was hurting him. I was driving myself insane, i just needed to know if Liam was okay. I decided couldn't wait any longer I needed to text him. 

You left before I woke up. Are you okay? X

I tapped the spoon against the porcelain bowl urging the reply to come in faster. After a couple of minutes my iPhone told me the message had been seen. My heart threatened to jump out of my chest as I waited for the three little dots that never appeared.

***

'Liam Maines to the principal's office, Liam Maines to the principal's office' Angie the school secretary spoke through the tannoy interrupting English Lit. I had not seen or spoke to Liam since that night he appeared in my bed, he ignored my text message and avoided me in the school hallways. It just seems whenever he lets me in ever so slightly he pushes me away even harder. 

"I heard he set fire to Jenkins desk, it was apparently really bad." Tia whispered and I believed her because she always knew everything about everyone. 

"He'll get suspended for that for sure." I replied. 

"Doubt it, he seems to get away with murder."  Tia pointed out with an accurate statement.

'Zak Adams to the principal's office, Zak Adams to the principal's office' Angie interrupted again.

"He has loyal friends" I told Tia, rolling my eyes.

I excused myself from class to head to the restroom, I couldn't take a minute more of Shakespeare, the lesson was sending me to sleep and I desperately needed to stretch my legs and splash cold water on my face. The hallway was ultra quiet, everyone in their own classrooms but as I turned the corner I heard the familiar clink of metal as a locker opened.