-17-

Silver arrived at his and (Y/n)'s cell, already exhausted. After fighting his way through security, which consisted of guards, traps, and Fia's creatures, he'd barely made it back in one piece. Now, he'd have to fight his way back out, and by that time, Fia would probably already be out of her bonds and ready for them. 

Silver didn't say anything, just forcing the door open with his powers and falling to his knees in front of the cell. "Silver?!" (Y/n) exclaimed, standing up and moving as close to him as possible. "Silver, are you okay? What happened?" 

"I escaped," he said, looking up at her with a grin on his face. She let out a disbelieving laugh and he forced himself over to her, falling into her arms.

"We...we don't have much time," he panted. "They'll be coming after us." He aimed at the link connecting the chains to her gauntlets and snapped them off, then focused on the gauntlets, ripping them off as well. "We have to go."

"You're not going after Shadow and Blaze?" the (a/t) asked. Silver shook his head, temporarily resting his head on her shoulder.

"I don't have the energy and it wouldn't be smart," he said. "We have to play this right. Come on. We have to go now." He forced himself to his feet, (Y/n) following. Lifting off the ground, they both flew down the hallway when they had to stop, a metal door blocking the hallway.

Both aiming for it, they lifted it up and darted under, flying out of reach of the creatures waiting there and darting down the hall.

"I don't know which way the exit is," Silver whispered as they flew into an empty cell, ducking down as guards and creatures thundered past.

"I don't know either," (Y/n) breathed. "I remember going...down. This place has to be several stories below ground to prevent people from getting out."

Silver frowned, then heard a familiar noise. He looked over at the vent. "The vents!" he exclaimed. "They have to lead out!" 

"Have you forgotten about the horde of poisonous little monsters Fia has stored in there?" (Y/n) hissed. "They're infesting the vents and now that she's probably looking for us, they're going to be guarding every turn!" 

"Then we'll have to fight our way through. Honestly, it's better than running into the big ones, right?" 

"They're deadly poisonous creatures, Silver." Silver crawled over to the vent and pried the cover off with his powers. He yelped, scrambling back and slapping his hand over his mouth as a white creature with red eyes scrambled out, mouth foaming. (Y/n) thought quickly and lifted it off the ground, throwing it into the wall and slamming the vent cover down onto it. 

"The vents are infested with those little critters," she said. "Are you sure that's better than just facing the big ones?" 

"And guards who have gauntlets?" Silver pointed out. The (a/t) sighed in defeat. Silver slipped into the vent and she followed. "It'll be okay."

"Let me go in front of you," she said. "I have more energy." Silver pressed himself to the wall and let her pass, though he turned around and fitted the vent cover back into place.

(Y/n) had been right about the vents being clogged and infested. They looked like fat albino rats with rabies. The (a/t) kept them mostly out of the way, but Silver did have to jump in occasionally to prevent her from being bitten.

Halfway, or what seemed to be halfway, they both collapsed on their knees after taking out several more of the vent guards. "We can't keep this up," (Y/n) panted. "There are so many of them, and sooner or later, Fia's going to figure out what we're doing and send someone to intercept us."