Chapter Eight: Surely it's impossible right?

I wake up overheated. I have just had a nightmare and I'm really sweaty. As I try and get out of bed, a strong arm pulls me into an iron chest.

"Where are you going, sweetheart?" Daniel asks me.

"I'm too hot!" I yelp.

"That you are" he says and turns me to face him, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"I didn't mean it like that, Daniel" I whine.

"I know. But you are hot anyway! You are my extremely beautiful mate. Umm... Just to make sure my ears weren't lying to me, did you tell me that you love me last night?"

I freeze and look anywhere but at him.

"Maybe?" I say quietly.

"Come on, baby. Just tell me."

"Fine. Isaidthatiloveyoulastnightbutyoudidntrespondsoiadsumethatyoudontfeelthesamewayitsokayilljustleave" I murmur extremely fast into my pillow and then get up to leave.

He jumps up and stands in front of me.

"Baby, why are you leaving? Please tell me again, but slower this time. I didn't catch that at all." He says with a reassuring smile

"I said that I loved you last night, but you didn't respond, so I assume that you don't feel the same way. It's okay, I'll just be leaving now." I repeat, slower this time.

"No!! Don't leave. Please, baby! I didn't respond because I fell asleep. I love you too. I love you so much. Please don't leave me! I love you to the moon and back, sweetheart. Even though we have only been known each other a couple of days it has felt like we've known each other forever. I am so happy that you are my mate. That someday you will carry my pups, and we could grow old together, because I DO love you, Carina." He says with tears in his eyes.

I crush my lips to his and say,

"I would love to carry your pups and grow old with you." I say. Then my face falls and I frown.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asks worried.

"Daniel, what if I can't have children anymore? I was made for one job. To carry your pups. And if I can't do that, I'm worthless." I say, heartbroken.

" you are not worthless! Never, ever think that, Carina. You were made for me. And if you can't have pups, that's fine. I love you for YOU. Nothing would make me love you any less." He assures me. "Now let's go eat."

I am freshly showered and am standing at the stove cooking eggs when I feel two solid arms wrap around my waist. Lips kiss and suck my mark and I shiver.

He reaches around me and turns off the stove. Daniel turns me around and picks me up. Instinctively, my legs wrap around his waist as he carries me to the kitchen island and sets me down standing in between my legs. I kiss his delectable lips and out of nowhere my wolf takes over.

My eyes turn black and I growl. Daniel looks up at me in shock then a sexy smile reached his lips when he realizes what's happening.
"I am going to mark you, mate!" River yells (if you forgot, River is Carina's wolf) as my canines extend and bite Daniels neck. He growls then moans. River gives me back control and I lick away the blood.

I kiss him on the lips and he licks my lower lip, asking for entrance, which I deny. He growls and slips his hands into the back of my pants and squeezes my bare butt. I gasp and he takes the opportunity to slide his tongue in my mouth.

And that is how we spent the day, wrapped in each other's embrace.

The next day

Today I woke up feeling strange. This morning I threw up last nights dinner. It makes me curious. Daniel was asleep when I threw up, so he thinks I'm fine. But, I need to know what's going on.

"Daniel? Baby? I'm going to take a walk." I say as he is in the shower.

"If you wait until I'm out of the shower, I'll come with you, sweetheart." He says.

"It'll be a short walk. I love you." I run out the door and jog to the nearest gas station. When I get there, I buy a cheap pregnancy test and run to the disgusting bathroom. I pee on the stick, set it on the sink and pace for the longest two minutes of my life. When my watch timer goes off, I pick up the pregnancy test and see...