119🔥 "Dion?"... "Fera."

"The best thing we could do right now without overwhelming ourselves is protect the Academy, there's a spell-" as Dion spoke he went to grab a book that was in a cupboard  of his kitchen, the others decided not to question it, "- that can fend off against Jiwoo's shadows, shadows in general. She won't be able to let them in the Academy, if we get lucky with whom I want to go see before we leave, we can create a dome that repels against black magik in general but not for too long."

"So there's going to be two domes around the perimeter of the Academy?" NamJoon attempted to clarify with the elder warlock, who nodded as a form of confirmation.

Dion smiled, opening the book and surfing through it to see if he could find the spells he was looking for, as he did this, Soyeon asked, "Who do you want to see before we leave?"

At this question, the elder warlock stopped in his tracks, he licked his lip before looking at the youngest person in the room, "Lolie."

Soyeon's eyes widened, she moved everyone out of the way so she could get closer to Dion, "LOLIE!" she yelled, causing some of them to cover their ears or wince at her volume, "the crazy witch lady who everyone in Caroban steers CLEAR from? Are you dumb, Dion?"

Dion sighed, placing his hands flat against the table, "Soyeon, to do the spell we're going to need to do, we need her power-"

"What about me-"

"You're 17, Soyeon," Dion interrupted her, his gaze sharp and almost scary, "your power will be helpful but it won't be enough, Lolie doesn't have prejudice against elementals so we're going to need her because no other witch will help. Unless-" a smirk grazed his features as he tilted his head to the side, "you're going to ask your mommy?"

Soyeon looked down with her jaw clenched at the obvious jab, the others refraining from adding in a oooo to just heat up the already clear tension. She didn't have anything else to say as she just walked away from the table and over to the couch, letting the others just talk to Dion and ask questions.

Later on, when they were getting ready to leave to go to Lolie's, Hayoon walked up to Soyeon, "Hey, you don't have to do this if you don't want too. I get what it's like go against your mom and what you used to believe in," Soyeon looked up at Hayoon, since the elder was taller than her, "what am saying is it's okay if you want to go back to your mom and dad, Dion can help us from now on."

Soyeon smiled at elemental, a genuine smile that made her eyes squint, "Thanks, but i'm joining you guys because this is my fight too. I guess i'm just nervous."

"That's normal," Hayoon reminded with a short laugh, which caused Soyeon to start laughing with her. The two now immersed in a conversation that helped ease Soyeon's nerves.

Songhee watched the entire interaction with a smile, though if anyone were to look at her they would see the sadness behind it. Before she could wipe it away, Donghan walked up beside Songhee, his gaze on his sister and the young witch.

"She still loves you, y'know," he told, not even looking at Songhee as he said it.

Songhee looked over at him, more up at him since Donghan was much taller than her, "Why're you telling me this?" she asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Because I can see your jealousy," Donghan looked down at her as he responded, and for once he looked sincere and not like a total douche, "and I can see how much you still love my sister, despite what she did to you."

He didn't let Songhee get a word in as he walked away and to his horse, Hayoon eventually joining him.

The two ex-lovers shared a glance, Songhee the one to break it as she walked over to Ilsung.