107. hostility

Dusk had begun to settle outside, leaving the group of us huddled around a small fire within the cave. I sat beside Kane, my eyes focused on Bellamy who was distanced from the group. I absentmindedly listened as the others discussed what was next. There were talks of handing Pike over in order to have the blockade lifted. But there were also concerns that it wouldn't be that easy. Bellamy had revealed to all of us that Lexa had been killed. If what he said was true, who knew where we stood with the Grounders now.

Bellamy remained silent from where he sat, his hands chained. His face was still bloodied and bruised. Every time I looked at him I felt a pang of sadness.

Suddenly, he caught my gaze. He focused on me for a moment, only being interrupted when a voice came through one of the walkies.

"Bellamy," the voice called. "Come in. It's Monty." We all paused, turning to look at the radio. "I'm in trouble." Monty announced. "Please say you still have your radio."

Sinclair reached out, taking a hold of the device. Kane held out his hand, prodding Sinclair to pass it to him. But Sinclair shook his head slightly, still holding onto the radio. "If we respond and Pike's listening-"

"-Go to channel 7." It was the first time Bellamy had spoken since he re-entered the cave after the two of us argued outside. When we all looked to him with scepticism, he elaborated. "'Please say you still have your radio.' It's seven words after the word trouble."

Bellamy wore an impatient look as no one followed his instructions. "It's code." he explained. "Go to 7."

Kane looked away from Bellamy, looking to Sinclair and then to me. I gave him a small nod, believing that Bellamy was telling the truth. I really hoped he wasn't going to prove me wrong.

Sinclair turned the dial, switching the channel before handing the radio to Kane.

Soon enough, Monty's voice came through the channel. "Bellamy, are you there?"

Kane slowly raised the device to his mouth. "Monty, it's Kane." he paused for a moment. "What's wrong?"

"Pike knows that I helped you get out." Monty's words caused my heart to drop. If Pike knew, then Monty was in trouble.

Kane kept his composure. "Can you get to the dropship?"

"I think so."

"Good. Go there." Kane instructed. "I'll bring you in." his eyes flickered to the rest of us for a moment. "Stay off the radio. Over and out."

"Hold on," Harper proclaimed, "What if it's a trap and Pike's waiting?"

I didn't want to believe that Monty would betray us- again- but it wouldn't completely surprise me. I felt like I couldn't trust anyone anymore.

Kane pushed himself to his feet. "That's why I'm going alone."

Octavia followed after him. "Like hell you are."

Miller then stood, looking down to check his gun. "I'm with Octavia. Monty saved our lives. I'm going too."

"Me too." I announced, standing up after the others, my hand hovering over the gun that resided in my waistband.

Kane turned to look at us, seemingly unimpressed with our antics. "No you're not." he rejected. "If this really is a trap, I'm not marching our entire insurgency into it."

Octavia pulled on her jacket. "To stop me you're going to have to kill me." She still wore the same stone-cold expression as before.

"She hopes it's a trap." Bellamy proclaimed, a knowing look covering his face.