2。cheer

This was scarier than she had thought. This is why [Y/n] was clutching her books closer to her chest as she kept her eyes on the ground. But this would only get worse as she found the destination that she was heading to. Taking a deep breath, the [h/c] haired manager of Fukurodani opened the door to enter class 3-1. As soon as she opened the door, [Y/n] made a beeline for the red-haired manager that was conversing with Bokuto and the other third years.

"Oh?" Bokuto's eyes widened like an owl and soon, a large grin was plastered on his face. "Hey hey hey [Y/n]-chan! What brings you here?"

"Good afternoon senpais," [Y/n] said as she bowed slightly. "I need to talk to Shirofuku-senpai and Suzumeda-senpai for a second," [Y/n] said as she looked at the two females.

"Geez, [Y/n]-chan I told you to call us by our first names," Yukie said while munching on her Pocky stick. It was after she finished that the red-haired manager shoved a new Pocky stick into the first year's mouth.

"Ah let's go outside then," Kaori said. When their managers left, the boys exchanged confused glances.

"So [Y/n]-chan, what did you need to talk about?" Kaori asked.

"Well the thing is during the upcoming inter-high match..."

🦉

"Huh Yukippe, why are you laughing?" Bokuto curiously asked Yukie. This made Konoha and Washio turn to the two.

"A-ah n-nothing!" Yukie responded in between laughs. Thankfully for the magical timing of Akaashi, Yukie was saved from Bokuto's further questioning.

"Bokuto-san our warmup is about to start," Akaashi said to the captain-ace.

"It's time," Bokuto grinned as he slammed his fist into his open palm.

"Hold on," Komi said while looking around. "Where is [L/—" before Komi could finish his sentence, the two managers surrounded him and hushed the boy from completing the sentence.

"Huh? Komi did you say something?" Bokuto asked.

"He didn't say anything!" Kaori and Yukie said at the same time.

"Ah ok." Akaashi sweat-dropped. Only their simpleton captain can be totally oblivious to the suspicious actions of their two managers. But there was no time to worry about that. With a sigh Akaashi entered the gym. He made sure to catch the Fukurodani jacket that Bokuto dramatically flung back.

"Nice spike!"

"AKAASHI ONE MORE!!!"

"Yes..."

"Nice spike...?"

"Konoha what's wrong?" Sarukui asked as he and Washio looked at their wing spiker. It was then that the two saw that Konoha was looking at something. Following his gaze, the two got why he was staring.

"Huh? What?" Bokuto looked towards the third years and then also glanced at what they were looking at. Akaashi followed suit.

What were they all collectively looking at?

Taking her position in the bleachers was [Y/n] in a cheer leader uniform. Upon making eye contact with some of the members, [Y/n] shyly waved before covering her face with the pompoms.

"Could this be why..." Akaashi trailed off as he looked towards the two giggling managers.

"Bingo~!"

"Hey hey hey! [Y/n]-chan cheer loud for us!" Bokuto exclaimed while waving his arms at their first year manager.

🦉

Akaashi assessed the situation on court right now. It wasn't good. For a person who absolutely thrived in attention, getting no attention was the worst possible situation. Currently, the majority of the attention was on a certain [h/c] haired cheerleader— much to the displeasure of the team. "Bokuto-san—"

"Akaashi," Bokuto started as he looked at the opponent team. "Give me the next one." Akaashi sighed for the nth time that day. It's better to give Bokuto another than to risk him getting into his emo mode. After all, the team would like to end the match as soon as possible.

"Bokuto-san!" Akaashi called out as the setter set the ball to their ace. With a battle-like cry, Bokuto jumped up in the air and slammed the ball down and made an insane cut shot— one that bounced off of the wall and into the bleachers.

"HEY HEY HEY!" Bokuto cheered. He then turned to the bleachers. "[Y/n]-chan did you see that??"

🦉

As soon as the match was over (of course with Fukurodani winning) , [Y/n] ran down to meet up with her team— though she still had the cheer uniform on. "Congratulations!" [Y/n] said as she ran up to the team.

"Oh [L/n]-chan! Looking good!"

"Ah this..." [Y/n] said as she looked down at her uniform.

"Here," Akaashi said as he walked to his childhood friend. Standing close, the second year setter held his Fukurodani jacket so that [Y/n] can put her arms into the sleeves. Once her arms were in, Akaashi wasted no time to zip up the jacket. "It's cold," the setter said. But he wasn't looking at the [h/c] haired girl. He was looking at the somewhat leering eyes behind her.

Yukie and Kaori snickered at the scene. Even Bokuto helped out in his own way. The powerful spike that Bokuto made... perhaps it was a warning to keep their eyes on the match and not on their manager-turned-cheerleader.

Yukie decided to thank the friend that convinced [Y/n] to be their one day cheerleader.

After all, it was amusing seeing the usually chaotic owls be threatening.