105

After interrogating a shadow Orc, the three headed into the forest to interrogate the shadow king.

"My queen there you are, I've been searching everywhere for you." The man Sam, Dean and Jessica had met when they entered the fair was walking towards them now.

"Have these two attempted to harm you with their blasphemous metalworks?"

"Boltar, they're with me, she is the princess of Moondoor and he is my new..." Charlie looked at Dean in thought. "handmaiden."

Boltar bowed.

"We seek an audience with the shadow king." Charlie asked.

"Uh, these hills are not safe." Boltar replied. "I beseech you, my queen, you should return to camp."

Charlie opened her mouth to speak but Dean had cut in.

"He's right... your worshipfulness. Uh, may I have a moment before you take your leavings?"

"Mm." Charlie slightly nodded her head and the three walked a bit away from Boltar so they could talk privately.

"Handmaiden?" Dean cocked a brow.

"He was suspicious. I panicked."

"Alright, look." Dean started. "You take my phone. Find Sam. We'll find the shadow dorks. Jessica will go with you."

Jessica raised a brow. "I will?"

Dean gave the woman a look.

"I mean, of course I will. I go wherever the queen goes." She smiled at Charlie.

"But I can help. And so can Jessica."

"Yeah, you are helping by finding Sam. And Jessica is helping by keeping you safe." Dean looked down at Charlie. "Go."

Charlie nodded her head and hooked Jessica's arm into her own.

Dean did a slight bow and turned back around to face Boltar.

"I thought he was going to let me come with him." Jessica frowned as she walked with Charlie.

The woman shrugged. "It would be a little suspicious for the princess to go with a handmaiden."

Jessica lightly chuckled.

Suddenly a twig snapped behind the two.

Charlie gasped and turned around. So did Jessica.

Something in a black cape disappeared quickly behind a tree.

"Come on, it's probably nothing." Jessica tugged on Charlie's arm. The woman nodded her head and the two began to walk again. But they shortly stopped after hearing another twig snap.

They turned around and Charlie gasped as she saw a man step in front of her.

"Rah!" The man threw a dark bean bag at Charlie which she dodged. She then reached into her satchel and threw a red bean bag at the man.

"Dark magic!"

"Oh! My eyes!" The man growled in pain. "The sting of your attack burns my very soul!" Then he ran off.

"That was hilarious." Jessica giggled.

Charlie rolled her eyes and the two turned around to continue their walk when they both stopped.

In front of them was a person wearing a black cloak and a skull for a mask with antlers on top.

Charlie reached into her bag again and threw another bean bag.