fake marriage p.1

Harry and Ariana enter a 3 year-marriage for the sake of their families. They have been fighting secretly for 6 months now while putting on a fake smile to the public.

But slowly, they find themselves falling for each other.

Part 1 of 2

—-
Ariana

Harry and I walk into our penthouse apartment. He's nearly tumbling with every step due to his drunken state.

"Watch it." I attempt to straighten him, already beyond frustrated by his behaviour tonight. "I'm not one of your flings that'll help you to your room."

"Yeesh, relax. You don't need to be so defensive!"

"I am not defensive!" Harry rolls his eyes. We were at a party earlier to celebrate the fact that he'll be designing the new headquarters of his father's company in New York. It's amazing.

And yet, when he was supposed to be with his wife, me, he instead chose to hang out with his ex-girlfriend all night long. Granted, our marriage is fake. I married him because my mother needed money for surgery, and I needed money. He married me because his parents think he's irresponsible, and refuses to give him any financial freedom until he settled down. It has been 6 months of absolute hell. Hot and cold.

Some days, he doesn't talk to me. Other days, he'll order pizza for us to eat in and we'll talk like friends. If we could have more of days like those, three years would go by easily.

"Oh, please. If I searched the definition of defensive, it'll just have a picture of your face." My jaw drops. Harry kicks off his shoes. I had dressed up for his special night. I wore heels and a dress that made men gawk at the sight of me. Did he bother to give me the slightest compliment? No. Did he gave me the decent about of politeness and respect I deserve as a human being and his wife? No.

"At least I'm not an oblivious prick!" I don't hold back. Harry chuckles, amused by my anger. This only makes me more upset. I throw my clutch onto the couch and start climbing up the stares.

He calls after me, "Oblivious to what?" I cross my arms, refusing to say more. He blinks, waiting. "Out of words, are we?"

"The least you could do was hide your boner for Kendall with paparazzi around. Your parents are going to bug you all month about this." All he does is live on the edge. He's not satisfied until everyone is talking about his narcissistic ass.

"Why do you care if they lecture me or not?" He does have a point there. It shouldn't matter to me, but it does. "Or is this less about the fact that my parents will go crazy, and more about the fact that you're jealous." I lean against the stair railing to look my husband in the eyes.

"And why the fuck would I be jealous?" His eyes are playful. He's messing with me. "You know what, do whatever the hell you want. Sleep with her for all I care, just don't get caught on camera or it's over for both of us!" I storm up the stairs, hating myself.

The second my head hits the pillow, my chest starts to hurt. I feel nauseous at the idea that he might just call Kendall for a drink, or to meet him in a hotel room.
—-

Harry Styles

"So, how's Ariana?" My father asks while we're playing tennis.

"She's great. Last night we went out with some friends to celebrate me designing the headquarters."

"Yes, I saw the pictures. You two looked lovely together." We took one photo together when we were outside the club. I've been staring at it since last night.