Chapter 103

As winter went along, snow covered the grounds of Hogwarts in magnificent white. At that time, Jenna was forced to try and balance school work with both Quidditch practices and Dumbledore's lessons.

But on Valentine's day as a Hogsmeade trip was arranged, Jenna let herself relax a bit and enjoy the day.

     "See you guys later," she waved at Lily, Marlene, and Alice before leaving the dormitory to meet Sirius in the common room.

      "Hey," she smiled at him as she walked toward Sirius, going on tiptoes to kiss him on the cheek.

      But in a quick motion, Sirius turned his head and caused her lips to connect with his, making her giggle.

      "Ready for our date, Kitten?" Sirius grinned, raising his arm for her to take.

       Jenna wrapped her hand over his upper arm with a smile, "Of course, Snuffles."

       Sirius gave her a look, but then shaking his head at her in disbelief, he started walking on, leading Jenna out of the common room.

      "So, where do you wanna go?" Sirius asked as they finally got to Hogsmeade. "Madam Puddifoot's tea shop's a good spot."

       "You mean that goofy place with all the cheesy couples?" Jenna scoffed.

       "What's wrong with it? Usually the girls I went out with loved going there," he shrugged with a grin.

       "You really don't know me at all, do you?"

       He rolled his eyes at her playfully. "Well, what do you have in mind, Miss I'm-too-cool-for-a-normal-date?"

       Jenna laughed at that before stopping and facing Sirius. "Dunno... maybe... we could sneak off to Hog's Head for some Fire Whiskey. I've heard they don't check to see if you're of age or not."

       Sirius gasped. "Shame on you, Jenny!" But then he grinned, saying, "Fine, let's go."

       Jenna chuckled, holding his hand as they walked toward the pub across the snow-covered ground. But before they could even reach it, a voice stopped them from behind, saying,

       "Oi! Where are you two off to?" Turning around, both Jenna and Sirius sighed in frustration as they saw James walking toward them, with Remus and Peter right behind.

      "Ugh," Jenna groaned, irritated at the interruption. "What do want, J.P?"

        "Now, that's not a tone you should have with you dear brother," he said in mock-seriousness before grinning.

        "We're in the middle of a date, Prongs," said Sirius. "Ever heard of one?"

       "Haha," said James flatly, glaring at him. "You going there for some Butterbeer? Three Broomsticks is way better, though. How about we all go there together?"

       "Prongs, I really don't think we should —" Remus was saying, but James cut him off.

       "Oh, don't be silly, Moony," James said, shaking a hand at him reassuringly. "They can get along with their date even if we're there. I'm sure they would love to have us join them, wouldn't you?" he asked, turning to face Sirius and Jenna.

       She opened her mouth to protest, but she was caught off guard when Sirius suddenly smiled kindly and said, "Of course you can join us."

       "Great!" said James, rubbing his hands together in glee. "Off to the Three Broomsticks, then!"

       He started walking and Peter followed him right after. Remus sent Sirius and Jenna an apologetic look before going along as well.