21 ' fireflies

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: Where are you?

Emimimi: Aw, miss me already, Omi?

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: -_-

Emimimi: I'm in my room, the girls and I just finished playing hehe

Emimimi: Did you bring a flashlight with you?

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: What for? Can't you use your phone?

Emimimi: My phone is at 5% (╥_╥)

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: Too bad

Emimimi: Omg can I use your phone then?

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: What for??

Emimimi: Flashlight -_-

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: I meant, why do you need a flashlight?

Emimimi: I wanna see fireflies!

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: What

Emimimi: Wait omg

Emimimi: Wanna go out and see fireflies with me???

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: We can't go outside, it's not allowed

Emimimi: We'll be sneaky!!

Emimimi: Come on, pleaaase?

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: No

Emimimi: Please :( It'll be fun and romantic :( Like Tangled

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: They had lamps in Tangled, not fireflies

Emimimi: Still :(

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: Fine -_-

Emimimi: YAY

Emimimi: I REALLY LIKE YOU OMIII

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: Get out of your room and meet me in the staircase before I change my mind.

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: There will be bugs too. Ew.

Sakusa_Kiyoomi: Use a bug spray

Emimimi: YESSSS

Amari almost jumps on her futon as she rereads his messages. She looks at her roommates, who are almost fully asleep. She slowly gets out of the futon and tiptoes to the door, ensuring that Yume wouldn't find out.

"If you're gonna sneak out, at least try not to get caught," Yume scolds in a soft hushed voice.

"Shhh!"

"Good night," Yume lets her off and turns to the other side to resume her sleep.

"Thanks," Amari whispers and looks at the other two, thankfully still in deep slumber.

As for Sakusa, he doesn't even try not to get caught. The boys are all still awake, unsatisfied with four rounds of card games they just had. "Bye bye," Komori says and waves.

"Sneaking around with his girlfriend, that's new," he adds a remark.

Sakusa walks to the end of the hallway, where he instructed Amari to wait. He spots her in a yellow cardigan, making him sigh. "A good way to get caught at night," he tells her.

"I forgot to borrow a black jacket or something," she explains herself and they walk down the stairs.

"Borrow? From?"

"Jiro, he has a weird obsession with coats and jackets and cars. Or Yume," she answers, giggling.

"Who's Jiro?"

"He's my bestfriend, he's always with me and Yume, remember?" she reminds him, oblivious to his growing jealousy.

"I'm forgetful so I borrow from him or Yume," she adds.

"Ah. The guy from the swimming team. You borrow his clothes?" His tone is gradually turning grim.

"Just his jacket," she corrects.

"So that's why you never borrow my hoodies."

"Y-Your hoodies?" she reiterates and glances at him for a moment, imagining how his large hoodies would look on her. And his scent, of course. He always smelled like the flowery scent of a fabric softener. She strangely likes it.

"Forget it, here's my phone." His voice was back to his usual monotone as he hands her his phone. However, upon pressing its power button, Sakusa immediately remembers that he has her picture as a wallpaper.

"Give me that," he scolds, panicked. He snatched his phone back and unlocks it with his fingerprint.

"W-Was that, me?" she gasps, almost inaudible.

"Flashlight. Here." He hands it back to her, which she receives with her duly sanitized hands.

They reach the door of the hotel and fortunately, they haven't bumped to anyone they know.

"Let's go to the back, the forest seemed nice," she instructs and clings on his arm.

"You were planning on going here alone?" Sakusa confirms, observing how dark and dangerous the place seems.

"Yeah, I used to do this a lot when I was a kid," she affirms with a nod. "My parents weren't usually home and my sister was too busy. So I go out alone," she adds.

They enter the dim area, merely just illuminated by the moonlight. There is a river nearby and she eyes on its water glistened with refractions of light.

"There we go, the fireflies you wanted to see," he comments and looks up at a tree. She quickly turns off the light of his phone to see them.

"Wow," she mouths, smiling.

"It's so beautiful," she remarks, her almond eyes shimmering.

"It is," he agrees, ironically in a dead tone.

"Hey, are you done checking around? The students should all be asleep by now," they hear a familiar voice nearby.

Another masculine voice follows, "Yes, there's no one around here."

The two are quick enough to react and they rush behind a tree in order not to get noticed. They sit right next to each other, not making a single sound.

"Let's go back," they hear, much to their relief. She loosens up and lets out a sigh, then a smile. "That was close," she tells him with an unfazed expression, not discovering how close they are just yet.

Sakusa, being observant as always, realizes this much sooner. With furrowed brows, he's blushing from ear to ear, making it all too evident.

"Kiyoomi," she mumbles before a gulp. She finally catches up.

The fireflies are all scattered, making the lighting of her view inconsistent. But no matter what angle gets illuminated, her admiration for his beauty remains unchanged.

She could see every wrinkle on his face, the two moles lined up above his brow. Every detail, miniscule or not. She feels her heart race, no, scratch that, it's even as if her soul just left her body.

"Emi?" he responds. The way he says her name is enough to make her feel flustered. He changes his sitting position to face her properly and she freezes on her spot, nervous and giddy.

Tired of communicating through mere stares and signals, Sakusa goes for it. He tilts his head and crawls closer to her, closing the little distance that barely existed between them. He closes his eyes while she obliges and mimics him.

She feels her lips on his, and as she thought that her heart couldn't beat any faster, he proves her wrong. He cups her cheek with a hand, unprepared to let her go. His other hand, then, trails its way to her waist to pull her to him.

Wanting to prolong the kiss, she places her arms around his neck and tilts her head to the other side at the same time. Not long after, she gets daring enough to have him feel the tip of her tongue. Strangely, however, he also complies and does the same, making her feel more of his warmth.

This surprise causes her to arch her back impulsively, closing the distance of their bodies. She pulls him closer to her, her clothed bossoms pressed on his chest.