Chapter 20

The fallout from the stalker incident was immense. We had press swarming around for days, a meltdown in the fandom and both sets of parents begging us to get out of there and go home to the safety of London. It was stifling. The police took numerous statements, clearly trying to make amends for not catching her sooner, although I didn't blame them in the slightest. Henry's trainer had been 'let go' by the studio, who were both appalled at the incident and probably a little delighted at the publicity. We were featured on every news channel around the world.

The theory that the police came up with was that she knew her husband was having an affair with the hunter girl. The trainers wife had befriended her and found out that Henry hadn't slept with her. She'd discovered other evidence that there'd been an affair too, as the police found a stash of receipts and notes that she'd gathered, hidden at their house.

Rather than get angry, she'd taken it as an opportunity to make a play for Henry, thinking he'd know she was available. She was clearly happy to offload her rather unfortunate looking husband onto hunter girl, so that in her fantasies she could ride off into the sunset with her movie star. My return had scuppered all that.

"So were you aware she fancied you?" The cop had asked Henry during yet another meeting. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Most women react to me in a certain way, she was no different." It may have been the truth, but I saw the disapproving envy written all over the cop's face. Henry's looks and charisma were just his normal, other men would have sacrificed a testicle for just a tiny percentage of it. "I just thought she was friendly and a little star struck," he sighed. "She was heavily tattooed and trashy, as well as being delusional that I'd ever go for someone like her," he added. I knew he liked women who were ladylike and understated. His ex had appalled him at times with her boisterous antics.

"So you never gave her any come on, or inkling that you'd be interested?" The cop asked.

"No, never. She knew I was heartbroken over Sarah when she left. I think her husband told her. I'll admit I felt uncomfortable about her befriending his mistress, I thought it was a step too far."

"Has he now started a relationship with her?" I asked. I was curious.

Henry shook his head. "She shagged her way round half the gym, Mike just regarded it as a bit of fun on the side. Now that it's all come out, she's hiding away. Everyone in her town knows what she's done, which in a highly religious Michigan town, is regarded as heresy. My guess is that she'll move away to escape the scandal."

"Serves her right, she shouldn't play with other women's husbands," I said. The whole lot of them had behaved badly and I was glad that they were out of our lives. Even on a professional level, the trainer had used Henry to promote his own business interests. I'd taken great delight in donating all the crappy 'Mavenwear' to the local charity shop and finding Henry a new, more professional trainer and gym.

Eventually the fuss died down and life returned to normal. I never quite got over my fear of incoming tweets and remained jumpy in the house. After witnessing me starting at every noise, Henry made the decision that we should move, despite my protests that the studio had leased the property for the full year for us and wouldn't pay for another one. "I don't care, I'll pay for it. I'm sick of the entire world knowing where we live, thanks to the rolling news and I'm sick of how fans can walk right up to the windows and scare us half to death." It was true, I'd nearly had a heart attack when a fan had tapped on the lounge window trying to photograph us watching telly one evening.

So I found us a penthouse apartment, high above the city, with plenty of security and a killer ensuite, which was the only thing important to Henry. We moved there the following weekend. It felt as though a weight fell off my shoulders.

Our first weekend off after moving in, we spent indoors, just chilling, making love and watching old films. It felt wonderful to get back to normal. Henry ran a deep, luxurious bath in the outrageously large, egg shaped tub, adding lots of scented oil for me. I slid into the hot water gratefully.

I watched as he stripped off his clothes, admiring his sculpted body and silky skin. He must have seen me staring, as he turned it into a strip show, teasing me with glimpses of his perfect bum, before revealing his thick, large dick in all it's glory. I was horny beyond belief.

He slid in opposite and pinned my legs open with his, before sliding his hand up to play with me, teasing and flicking my clit. I sank back and closed my eyes, lost in the sensations he was inflicting on me. I needed him to return to being an attentive lover. With all that had been going on, our lovemaking had become a little mundane, another job to be squeezed in at bedtime due to the myriad demands on Henry's time and energy. It felt fantastic to be the sole focus of his attention again.

He took his time, being gentle at first, using a featherlight touch, increasing both the speed and pressure as I became more and more turned on. He knew my body well and understood precisely how to make me come, and also how to keep me on the edge with teasing strokes. I opened my eyes to see him watching me intently, his gaze almost as penetrating as his fingers. I gasped as he found the exact spot, and with a gentle flick of his thumb, I fell into a deep, intense orgasm.

It set the tone for the rest of the evening, which we spent making love. Henry was an inventive, imaginative lover, and we celebrated the shedding of stress by shagging with total abandon, safe in the knowledge that nobody could see us up high in our penthouse.

As we lay side by side on the vast, emperor sized bed, getting our breath back from our third orgasms, Henry grasped my hand and turned his head to face me. "I'd like to get married soon."

"Me too," I gasped. I hadn't quite got my breath back, not being as fit as him.

"Fancy going to Vegas next weekend?" He beamed his movie star smile, knowing I was always helpless in the face of it's luminescence.

"Our parents?" I reminded him. I knew they'd all be livid at us if we did it without them.

"I'll fly them in. I just don't want to wait. I just want the world to know that we're forever. I don't care about all the hoopla that people do for weddings, unless of course you've got your heart set on a traditional one?" He sounded a little anxious.

"Not at all," I reassured him, "I'd be happy with a shotgun jobbie."

"So this coming weekend?"

"Yeah, ok."