~ Chapter 21 ~ (Time Skip)

It's been 3 years since the tragedy with the Kocho family. The night when Gyomei took Kanae and Shinobu, both of them decided to join the demon slayers corps and swore to stop the demons.

Another reason for them joining are between Kanae and Shinobu only.
Both of them are determined to stop a certain man. The man that traumatised both of them 3 years ago, (Y/N) Uchiha.

Speaking of (Y/N), Kanae and Shinobu haven't heard of him for 3 years. The last time they saw him was the night he left them. He just vanished that night without any trace.

The tragedy that night have been spreaded among the fellow of the demon slayers corps. (Y/N) have been classified as dangerous to be approached.

A lot of lower rank demon slayers were afraid of him after hearing the story. The pillars however are not and sometimes in their meeting between pillars, they suggested at Oyakata-sama for them to hunt down (Y/N).

However their plan's are not successful since it was not approved by Oyakata-sama. Kagaya keep reminding the pillars to not bother finding (Y/N) since it will be futile. But there's another reason why he did not want the pillars to hunt down (Y/N) and he kept that to himself.

But not only the humans are afraid of him, demons also knew about (Y/N). For the past 3 years, demons attack have been decreased little by little.

It was rumoured that the cause of this was by a man in black cloak decorated with red cloud wandering around the night.

Demons who encountered him usually would not survive to tell the tale. Others who are lucky to survive are the one who spreaded the story.

For now, no one know where he is. There are few times (Y/N) is spotted but it was just a short encounter before he disappeared again.

Back to the Kocho sisters, it's been soo long since they saw (Y/N). They already joined the demon slayers corps for 2 years now.

Both of them trained for a year before joining after passing the final selection together. They also managed to create their own breath style.

Kanae is a flower breathing user. She created the flower breathing derived from the water breathing. She's the only user of the flower breathing right now.

Kanae have immense skills and natural born talents. Due to this, Kagaya appointed her as a Hashira and she manages to hold the position of the flower hashira.

As for Shinobu, she created the insect breathing which is branched from the flower breathing. Shinobu is a very powerful swordsman but she did not possess the physical strength to cut off a Demons head.

However she is still dangerous and deadly. Her sword is different from others. Instead of cutting, her sword is for stabbing.

With her unique breathing, she coats her weapon with poison made from wisteria flowers. Even though she is not a hashira like her sister, her rank is still quite high which is Kinoto.

Since people who works in the demon slayers corps are usually payed high and the amount increases when their ranks position are higher, both Kanae and Shinobu are considered to be wealthy.

Both of the sisters used their money and buy a house. The house can be considered as a mansion since it is big. The cost for the house is high but it does not matter since both of the sisters are rich.

Right know, Kanae is sitting on the veranda while Shinobu is reading a book about medicals. The weather is quite warm today but not very hot.

Today, both of them have a day off which is rare especially Kanae since she is a pillar and pillars are busy usually. Kanae after finishing cleaning her blade, she put it aside and glance at Shinobu.

"Hey Shinobu, since today I'm free, let's go travel to the town" Kanae said cheerfully. "But nee-san, I'm studying right now" Shinobu said in annoyance.

But Kanae wasn't having any of it. She started to drag Shinobu away from her book and both of them are already at the front door. Shinobu is feeling more annoyed than ever but she just followed her sister who keeps dragging her.

Both of them starts walking into the town. They walk for 15 minutes before they arrived. "let's go get some lunch first Shinobu." Kanae said.

Shinobu just said okay and both of them began looking for a restaurant. After a few minutes later, they found one and it's quite packed right now. They just hoped there are still few empty seats.

A waiter then saw the sisters and approached them, "welcome to our shop" the waiter greeted. "Do you have tables for two people?" Kanae asked.

The waiter just told them to wait. A few seconds later, she returned. "I'm sorry but we are running out of empty tables right now. But there still a way, you could share a table with the others..." the waiter told them.

"Onee-san! Let's just find anoth--" but before Shinobu could ever finish her sentence, Kanae interrupted her.

"We'll take it" Kanae said cheerfully. "Excellent, now would you please follow me. I would lead you to your tables" the waiter said. Shinobu looked at her sister in annoyance but Kanae just brushed it off with her smile.

Then both of them followed before they stood on a pair of tables which there is guy sitting at the table. The waiter then asked the guy, "Sir, would you mind others sharing the tables with you?"

"Not at all, do as you like" the guy said calmly. Kanae and Shinobu sit at the opposite of the guy. "Thank you sir for letting us sit with you" Kanae said in gratitude. The guy just said it was fine.

Kanae and Shinobu couldn't see his face clearly. They could only saw his eyes. The lower half of his face is covered by the cloak which covered until the lower part of his nose.

He's also wearing a conical hat with white cloth stripes hanging on the side until the back of the hat. The cloak he's wearing in black with red clouds decorated around the cloak.

The guy just stood silently on his seat. The waiter then return and took Kanae and Shinobu orders. Then she leave.

"You didn't order anything?" Kanae asked the guy. "I already ordered earlier before the two of you came" the guy replied back.

"Okay then... My name is Kanae Kocho and this is my little sister, Shinobu Kocho. What's yours?" Kanae asked. "Nee-san! It's not wise to give strangers our name you know" Shinobu scolded her sister.

"It's fine Shinobu, he seems nice" Kanae said cheerfully. "Your sister is right, it's not wise to give strangers your identity. But since you given me your name, is rude not to tell you mine. You may call me Itachi" the guy said.

"Nice to meet you Itachi, you look like your not from around here" Kanae continue her conversation with him. "Yes, you are right. I'm not from around here. Im just a wanderer." Itachi said.

"I see..." was all Kanae said before she continues to chat with him. Shinobu just looked at her sister before sighed. Kanae is always cheerful as ever even with strangers. Shinobu still haven't trust this guy who is called Itachi just yet. To her, he seems to be secretive with how he looks.

Then itachi's order arrived which is a few sticks of dango and a green tea. Then Itachi just ate while Kanae still continues to strike conversation with him.

Then both of their orders arrived and they just enjoyed the meal with this stranger...