Chosen

>>Third Person

"Alastor Moody, Ex-Auror, Ministry Malcontent, and your new defense against the dark arts teacher. I am here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any Questions?" Mad-Eye introduced his first class, they sat in silence as they watched him.

Harry and Draco sat together, and Ron and Hermione sat in another row. "when it comes to dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. but first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?" "Three, sir" Hermione said, her voice shaking a bit. 

"And they are so named?"  "because they're unforgivable, the use of any one of them will-" "earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban, correct" He said, writing on the board.

"Now, the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different, you need to know what you're up against! you need to be prepared. You need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan!" Moody snapped and Seamus huffed. "So which curse shall we see first? Weasley!" "Yes?" Ron's voice cracking and Harry looked at Moody too.

"Stand" He commanded and Ron did so. "Give us a curse" Moody said and Ron looked around awkwardly. "Well, my dad did tell me about one. The Imperious curse?" Ron said and Moody smiled, going over and demonstrating it on a odd looking creature, making it fly around the classroom. 

"Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did you-know-who's bidding under the influence of the Imperious curse. But here's the rub: How do we sort out the liars? Another, another" Moody said and people's hands went up but Neville hesitantly rose his hand "up, up. Come on, Longbottom isn't it? up" Moody said and the boy stood up.

"Th- There's the um Cruciatus curse" Neville stuttered and Moody made him come over to the spider thing, casting the curse upon it and Neville flinched looking at it. "Stop it! Stop it! can't you see it's bothering him!" Hermione snapped, hitting her hands on the table and he stopped. Neville went and sat down again. 

Moody walked over to Hermione. "I suppose you can give us the last unforgivable curse, Miss Granger" he said and she shook her head, feeling sick to the stomach. "no? Avada Kedavra!" he said, instantly killing the spider laid on her desk. Harry watched closely. "I don't like this" Draco whispered to Harry and he nodded slowly. 

"The killing curse, only one person is known to have survive it.. and he's sitting in this room" Moody said, walking over to Harry and Draco's table. He then took a swig of his flask.

*^*

They were sat in great hall but it didn't have the tables anymore, just the goblet of fire and a few bleachers. Some Hufflepuffs were pushing Cedric to the cup to put his name in, cheering him on. Fred and George tried to do it but of course failed. Draco and Harry sat on the bleachers watching. "Told you Cedric would do it" Draco chuckled and Harry smiled, they were chanting fight cause Fred and George were fighting since the potion didn't work.

Everyone went silent when Viktor Krum came into the great hall and put his name into the Goblet. Smiling at Hermione who blushed and looked back at her book. "Looks like Krum is crushing on our Granger" Harry said and Draco laughed. 

*^*

Later that evening the great hall was full of students and the Goblet of Fire in the middle of the room. "Sit down, Please" Some took their seats on the bleachers other at the tables, Draco leaned back to whisper to Hermione. "I think Krum has a thing for you" Draco whispered and Hermione rolled her eyes, "oh shush you" she giggled quietly and Dumbledore began speaking again.

"Now for the moment you all have been waiting for: The Champion Selection" He announced, dimming the fires around the room and Draco sat up again. Harry watched closely. The flame turned red, shooting a paper out from the fire and into Dumbledore's hand. "The Durmstang Champion is, Viktor Krum!" He announced and the men cheered for him, he got up and shook his hand before going into the back room.