Ch. 44 🖤 HER DARK PAST 🖤

(Author's POV)

What should he do to pull her out of that nightmare?

"Mina!? Why wouldn't you talk to me!? Hey!?" He literally yelled at her but his voice wouldn't reach her.

How could he save her? When everything he did to bring her in senses was useless.

"Mina... Please, return to me..." He shook her in desperation but she wouldn't respond at all.

"What should I do? I need to do something! She will die if I didn't do anything!" Sehun seemed to be losing his mind, he couldn't afford to lose that girl and it looked like, there was no possible way to save her.

"Will you get a hold of yourself?" A familiar voice said, making him stop and look at the person.

"You..." Sehun said, while Milet walked to them and crouched down to take a look at Mina.

"Your words can't reach her because she's under a spell and that spell will soon break, don't worry. Actually, it will break anytime soon." She told, giving an assuring smile to him.

"How are you so sure? And what are you even doing here?" Sehun asked.

"The spell will break if the caster dies. Jessica might be the queen of nightmares but even so, she is no match against Seulgi. Seulgi sent me here to check on the situation." Milet said before turning to look at Mina whose eyes finally gained color in it.

"Mina!" He finally felt relieved.

But it wasn't over yet. As soon as she gained her senses back, she broke down. Large tears welled up in her wide eyes, immediately rolling down to her cheeks over the blood stain. She screamed at the top of her lungs while holding her head in pain.

 She screamed at the top of her lungs while holding her head in pain

She pushed Sehun away and let her body fall to the ground. Curling herself into a ball completely with hands formed into fists, she sobbed like a homeless little girl trying to protect herself.

Sehun was shocked watching her act in a way he never imagined before

Sehun was shocked watching her act in a way he never imagined before. He saw a new, different type of pain and fear in her eyes. This was totally hidden from him until now. He felt guilty for not being able to rescue her completely from her dark world. She was so afraid that she wasn't even letting him touch her.