The Magical Girl

'Time itself stopped', a phrase reserved for moments like this. At the entrance to the alley stood a single girl.

She was a beautiful girl. She had tied up her long silver hair which reached her hips, her piercing gaze was brimming with intelligence, her soft features were both seductive and youthful and she exuded an air of nobility that was dangerously charming. 

Height is about 190 centimeters. Clothing based on a navy blue palette has no gorgeous decoration, and its simplicity conversely emphasizes its presence. What really stands out is the embroidery that imitates the coat of arms of the bird near the hawk in her white coat. Even its majesty is just an adjunct to the beauty of the girl.

"I won't let you run amok like that. Stop at once."

She spoke once again, her voice so exciting it could send tremors through one's body.

Her voice was like a silver bell, it was pleasant to the ears and her speech held such power it could shake one's heart. But most importantly, Mohan understood her.

 Mohan forgot even his situation and was simply overwhelmed by her presence.

The bandits were no different, faced with her animosity their earlier vigor vanished. Even the man holding the knife turned pale as they retreated into the alley. "Wait, wait, wait! Wait! I don't know why, but I overlook this guy! So don't worry about us ..."

"It's good to see you're so gracious. It's not too late, so return what you stole."

"It was our bad... Eh? What we stole?"

"Please. It's really important. I'd let go of anything else, but not that. - If you return it now, I'll spare your lives."

Though her words were only that of an entreaty, the last few were clearly filled with anger.

Her gaze was sharp, and the hand she'd extended as though reaching out was empty. However, there was something hard to put into words gathering in her palm, something everyone there could feel.

"W-Wait! ... Um, perhaps there's been some kind of mistake?"

"... What?" The men point to Mohan, who is kicking,

"Um, didn't you come to help this guy?"

"Uhh, you're not here to save this guy, right?"

"... What strange clothes he's wearing. Perhaps there's been some internal strife among you? I can't say I approve of you ganging up on him like that, but if you were to ask whether or not I have any sort of connection to him, I'd have to say I don't."

Perhaps thinking they were trying to distract her, her tone was one of irritation. Seeming flustered by this, the men started talking in a hurry.

"Woa-W-Wait! If you don't want this guy, we have nothing to do with each other! About whatever was stolen from you, it was probably that girl from earlier!"

"A-Ah, right! The girl from earlier, she ran up the wall onto the roof!"

"Yeah, over there! She's probably three streets away by now!"

As they gave their rapid-fire explanations, her eyes met Mohan's.

Her eyes seemed to ask if they were telling the truth and Mohan nodded instinctively, unable to lie.

Having seen this, the girl reluctantly nodded in understanding.

"It looks like you weren't lying. So she went that way...? I'll have to hurry."

She turned her back on them, prepared to leave.

The men were blatantly relieved, and Mohan cursed his own foolishness for getting wrapped up in the atmosphere and squandering his only chance. However,