VII

"This was not part of our deal, Amelia."

Amelia was sitting on her green armchair in her backpack-apartment. Marilyn Bonneville is shown in the fireplace, a stern look on her face. Amelia was giving her mission report from the last hours, she didn't expect her boss to be so displeased with her progress.

"I needed to buy them time, Auror Bonneville. I carefully asked around and no one is suspecting me of being a witch."

"That is besides the point! You used magic in a room full of people, in front of Loki himself! Do you know what could of happened if he found out that you can preform magic?! You know he has been able to turn people into his slaves. The whole wizarding community could be in danger if he were to get his hands on you! You were supposed to be watching over the group and NOT be a part of it!"

"Of course I know that! But I couldn't just sit there and let it happen, could I? Besides, me being close to them will only give us benefits, they will share all the important information with me and-"

"You can also be close to them by standing in the room and not saying anything! I've got people watching you, Martin. And from what I've heard you've been behaving most unprofessional!"

"I did what I could and- wait, there are magical people besides me on the ship?"

"Don't be ridiculous, of course there are. There's a whole department for wizards and witches that infiltrate important facilities. And I needed to be sure that you give me the right information. It's simply protocol."

"I'll do better from now on."

"This is your first and final warning, Amelia. No more interfering with the team. You are drawing too much attention to yourself. One more bad word and I'm removing you from this mission. Do you understand, miss Martin?"

"Of course. Thank you for this second chance."

"Keep me updated." And with that Marilyn Bonneville ended the fire call.

Amelia sighs, leaning back in her sofa with her hands in her hair. She knew that her act at the museum hadn't been the most thought out but she didn't think that it would result in a 45 minute lecture. She feels a weight on her lap and finds herself with a lap full of owl. 

"Hey Tyto."

"Hoo hoo hooo."

As if feeling her sadness he pushes his head against her stomach. Amelia grabs one hand so she can pet him.

"She's right, you know? I've been acting unprofessional, It's just so easy. They are all so nice and comfortable to be around. And then there is Stark who jokes as well and I just can't help myself but join in." she sighs, gazing sadly at Tyto.

"But no more of that. From now on I will not be joking around anymore, no more interfering with their talks. Only being in the room to hear the important news. No more drawing attention to myself."

______________________________________________________________________________

Amelia was walking in the hallways. She just left Fury's office. The two of them discussing the situation, although it hadn't really been much of a discussion as Fury did most of the talking (complaining). Was it complain about Amelia day today? 

Her face was neutral and stone cold. Her personal opinions pushed deep into her mind, resting in the corner with all the other memories and thoughts she rather left behind. The witch learned this facade at Hogwarts. Emotions meant weakness for slytherins, something she unfortunately  found out early on. She was proud to say that she almost perfectionated it. She was in business mode. No jokes. Only serious talk.