The Hunt Begins Anew

Morgianna was right when she said their lives were about to get much harder. Soon after Felix returned home he had sent letters informing each other the crown princes that he had news he wanted to share and that they should all meet.

"So you are telling me she has been running around in a red hood in a guild this whole time?" Caspian was rubbing his chin in deep thought at the news but there were three in the room who had a gloomy expression.

Alaric looked between Thadeous and Alistar and knew they all were thinking the same thing. "I do not think it has just been the past couple of years. Quite a few years ago Thadeous and Alistar met someone who fit your description after they had dispatched a necromancer. The girl already knew exactly who they were and ran off before they could learn anything about her, then later she even refused to meet with me so that I could thank her. I do not think it is a coincidence that the guild that she worked at is also the same one that you met Morgianna at."

With this new knowledge Felix clenched his fist under the table. All those times she left him behind that is where she was. Fighting unknowns and risking her life, but for what? He was slowly coming to the realization that he did not really know her at all. His heart beat painfully in his chest at this realization, but he gritted his teeth. He would change that, he would learn more about her, and the first step was finding her.

...

Morgianna sneezed and shook her head. For days now she had been sneezing constantly and it was hindering her work. "Ugh whoever is talking about me needs to stop. I am dyinggggg." She set her head down on the table in front of her as Myra rubbed her back. She said whoever but she already knew who it was. Her brother, Felix, was sure to have already alerted everyone to her secret identity, therefore, making it a secret no longer.

"Lady Morgianna, I know you wish to protect him but would it not be easier to just let him tag along? There are five of us, surely we could keep one boy out of harm's way." Faust refused to call her anything but Lady Morgianna, and when they were in their mercenary gear he wouldn't call her anything as he felt it was disrespectful to call her Little Red. "He is now a grown man by your standards and I am sure if he is related to you he cannot be that weak." He felt that everything he said made sense, bringing the vampire boy along would not be a problem as they have plenty of people to keep an eye on him, and it would avoid having the boy chase them across the world.

Morgianna pinched the bridge of her nose. "The problem is that my enemies would see him as my weakness and try to get to him even more. When I left everyone behind it made it seem like I did not care about them, but if I were to let him join me then all my work the past two years of making it seem like they are nothing to me would be for nothing."

She swore when she took in Faust that it would be easy, but as time went on his dense nature knew no bounds. Be it women flirting with him, or common sense about living, it seemed that everything was above his brain capacity. Even with her explaining something multiple times he still sometimes did not understand.

Fafnir could feel her exasperation and swooped in to play mediator as he did quite often. "Faust it really is for his own safety that he does not join us, really it is for all of their safety. If we take one under our wing then they will all flock to us and we cannot watch each and every person that our dear Morgianna holds close to her heart. Someone would get hurt."

Faust hung his head. "I am sorry for speaking on things that I do not understand. I just hate watching you be the one that is hurt by not having your family or friends around."

Even though Morgianna complained about him being dense she had a soft spot for Faust that had developed over the past four years that he had been with them. He was like the innocent sibling that got into trouble at every turn without even trying to but you couldn't help but love anyway. "I have some of my family with me so I am not alone. I have you Faust, along with Fafnir, Alnwick, and Myra. That is three brothers and a sister in law to keep me company until it is time to end this. The sooner we find Angeline the sooner we will be able to go home."

...

"Angeline, you are not still mad are you? I told you that having my magic would come at a cost and I quote you saying 'I do not care what it costs as long as we get rid of her'. Are you telling me that you did not really mean what you said?" She couldn't see it but she knew Eltarr had a smile on his face.

Just like every other time he tried to speak to her she ignored him. Of course, she was angry, she would never not be angry. This god played games with her and took the one thing she cared most for, her beautiful face. How was she going to sweep the princes off their feet with her looks when she looks hideous?!

Eltarr was pleased, the more angry and deprived she was the easier it would be to point her in the direction he needed. She was almost ready, but not quite. He had waited this long he could wait a little longer. Let her hate him, hate the whole world as he did, and when the time came just like any good weapon he would fire upon his enemies making her believe she was getting her revenge.

...

After the princes met they each set forth a plan to find Morgianna with the promise that if they were the one to find her first they would let the others know and then all head out together. Each one of them was on their toes using every network under them to find the girl in the red hood. As princes some would think they were shirking their duty, but they felt deep down that they needed to find her. As if a force beyond their will was pulling them to look. It is true that they all pined for her attention, each wanting her to choose them as her husband but this was even more than that. They felt like they would lose her completely if they didn't help.

Felix headed back to his family's castle but he had no intention of staying there. The Rose's Thorn was a large clue to where she was going and he wasn't going to leave until they told him.

After making his way back to the guild he found the whole place to be dark. It should have made him feel better that he would not have to face a room full of guild members but instead it made him feel unsettled. Pushing the large double doors open a little more gently than he had the first time he had visited he peered into the empty room. "Hello?" He called out before walking up to the counter he had spoken to the two men at previously. There was not a soul in sight but a note addressed to himself sitting on the counter.

To: Felix Bloodmoon

If you wish to know the answers to some of the questions you seek, come upstairs. I was told you would return and have been waiting for you.

-Silas

___________________________
Word count before note: 1343

Oh man Silas has done closed the whole guild down to meet with Felix. Is he gonna rough him up or really give him some answers? Stay tuned to find out ;)

As always give it a vote if you liked it and comment your opinions.