Restless Sleep

Hermione lay there on her side of the bed staring up at embroidered canopy.

She missed Harry and Ron and couldn't stop thinking about them.

Were her friends okay? She thought about the order and about being rescued.

What if they did succeed in rescuing her? What would happen with Malfoy then?

She looked across the bed. He looked so peaceful, his face smooth and relaxed in sleep.

She hated him.

It doesn't matter what happens to him, he's a bully. He bullied you into sharing this bed with him.

And promised you that you were safe.

And you believe him? the cynical side demanded.

She did.

Hermione didn't know why but she believed Draco when he had promised she would be safe here tonight.

He still was an ass about it.

She turned away and back to the ceiling.

She hated to admit it even to herself, but the truth was she also cared a little what happened to him.

He had saved her life. It wasn't ideal, but what about this world and this war was ideal? Nothing, the world she was in was hell. Still, Draco didn't deserve to rot forever in Azkaban.

Maybe a little while there wouldn't hurt, she thought begrudgingly then hated herself for being so dark.

He tortured you with the crutiatus he deserves to be punished.

He saved you today.

the war in her head was exacerbated by what had happened in the cellar. She felt vulnerable and raw. The 'Almost' was terrifying.

Hermione looked back at his sleeping face. He was so much more handsome when he wasn't scowling. Hermione scrunched up her face.

You are not going to think about Draco Malfoy that way no matter how surprisingly good her looks shirtless-He is evil

He's not entirely evil.

I'm going crazy, Hermione thought to herself. I would never think like this if I wasn't here as a captive, being used as bait. Look at yourself, he tied you up. That ended any fondness in her thoughts squashing them out completely.

Evil or not he is the enemy. You need to figure out a way to escape.

With that Hermione began plotting a way out. She began her plans and fell asleep thinking of being with her friends once more.

-

She had succeeded.

Her plan had worked.

Across the glen she saw the camp with all her friends. Scattered tents of the rebellion sitting like little clouds in a green grass sky.

Her best friend in the world stood looking off into the distance, slightly apart from the rest of the crowd.

"Harry!" she yelled running to him.

Harry's head jerked towards her and the second recognition set in his face lit up with a smile.

She was safe, she was back, everything was going to be okay.

"Hermione!" Harry ran towards her and she met his open arms leaping into them.

"How did you escape?" he asked pulling back.