Chapter 7

Miranda's POV

"How about you open the rest of your gifts now?" Father suggested.

"Okay!" I exclaimed excitedly. "Which one should I open first?"

"I don't know, they're your presents," Father stated with a nonchalant shrug, but the twinkle in his eyes gave him away. I glared at him playfully. He laughed and handed me a small gift. I opened it and inside was a moonstone necklace. It was expertly cut and shaped into a teardrop, it also had two smaller spaces for gems.

"Why are they empty?" I asked.

"Those holes were supposed to house two white gems, gems of starlight. This necklace when completed, should be given to your one, provided you find him." Inne stated gently. "If you choose so, they will be filled for you after you reach Lothlorien." I nodded in understanding as she continued, "Open this one next."

I took the box from her and opened it. Inside was an elven battle uniform. Of emerald green, black and silver. Underneath was one dark blue, one violet, one brown, and one crimson tunic top. I thanked my parents and moved on to the gift that had been on the ground to the left of me since I sat down late this morning.

Placing it onto the floor in front of me, I pried open the top of the tall box. Inside, there was a beautiful elven sword in a sheath attached to a black belt that had many empty hooks and loops. Carefully, I pulled the sword out of the box. The sheath was eerie black, but white and silver at the top. I pulled the sword out by the hilt and noticed how the blade curved. The elven writing seemed to shimmer in the light. I admired the black, silver, and ivory hilt as I tested its balance. Perfect.

After sliding the sword back into its sheath, I lifted up the box to move it out of the way, but it still felt heavy. I looked inside again to find a set of twin daggers that matched the sword. I looked at my parents wide-eyed.

"Isn't this too much?" I asked.

"This isn't just from us," Inne chuckled. "It is from Galadriel too, she wanted you to receive the weapons you used to use in the past.

"Still, thank you," I said.

"You're welcome!" My parents chorused.

"Open these two next!" My father said excitedly, passing me two small jewelry boxes.

I smile at him and accept the gifts. One of them made a small clink noise as it moved so I opened that one first. Inside was two asymmetrical ear cuffs. One was intended to attach to the middle point of the ear like a clip. It was a simple swirl design with nothing attached to it. I placed it on my right ear. The other clip was more extravagant. Moonstone carved into tear-drops and leaves, intended to hang down beside my ear. It was designed with the same clip-like idea, but instead of just one, there were three swirls that spread out near the top of the ear and gently fell down. I looked at it for a while longer twirling it in my hands. Watching the stones shine a different color.

"It's beautiful, thank you." I breathed, attaching it to my left ear.

"You're welcome, Darling." Mother said, smiling brightly. I got the feeling that she picked this gift out herself. I then turned to the other small box yanked it open. Something flew out and without thinking too much, I dropped the box onto my lap and caught the flying thing in my palm.

Opening up my hand I saw a ring with a single set moonstone inside. I stared at it then looked at them questioningly, they both looked as confused as me. It must be from my Naneth. I felt a tingle pass through me as I thought that. It felt good to call her mom.