~13~

{Y/N's POV}

Her cold hand gently caresses my cheek, the touch so soft and unexpected from a predator like herself. They were dirty, bloodstained, but I couldn't care less, even as some of the blood smudged onto my skin.

I laid next to her, on my side facing her in some sort of odd looking room with walls of stone. There was only one large window that let in a dim gray light.

The only other light source were small candles that flickered from across the room.

But it was just enough light for me to be able to admire her appearance.

She looked the way she did the last time I saw her.

Pink hair matted with slick red blood, her clothing ripped and torn.

But I felt safe.

I know it was far from rational, she stabbed me for fuck's sake.

She killed my friends.

But I couldn't find any part of myself that wanted to be away from her.

I stare at the blood that was splattered on her mask, her soft breathing muffled by it.

Was it Zarina's?

Ace's?

Steve's?

Or was it my own?

I close my eyes and lean into her touch, not finding those questions important.

I wanted to remove the mask, but for some reason I couldn't.

The voice in the back of my head urged me to do it, but I physically couldn't make myself do it.

"Can't we stay like this... the mask doesn't matter."

Her other hand rests on top of my head, and she soon slowly began to rake her fingers throughout the length of my hair.

This was heaven.

I let out a small sigh, opening my eyes and staring at her mask.

The curiosity wouldn't stop tugging at me.

I wanted to know.

"I want to see you."

I suddenly stated, which caused her to laugh and remove her hands from me, sitting up slowly. I flopped onto my back and stared up at her expectantly.

"You do?"

She murmured and I nodded. She sighs, going silent for awhile.

"Very well then. I'm sorry if I startle you."

She finally speaks after minutes of thinking, and slowly pulls down her hood. As soon as her hands touch her mask, I feel myself being roughly shaken.

My eyes snap open, my vision blurry.

I groan and close them again, not wanting to wake up yet.