Chapter 4 - CURSED!!

Ram was in his chamber doing meditation before going to sleep. Suddenly the quiet atmosphere of the chamber was disturbed. The door of the chamber opened with a thud and little Lakshman came running and with a jump landed on ram. Ram lost his balance for a moment but somehow regained it soon. Lakshman hugged him tightly.

"What happened Lakshman?"

Lakshman was huffing just then came shatrughan and behind him bharat. Now not only Lakshman but all three of them were huffing.

"will any of you tell me what is going on and why are you three huffing " demanded ram

"Bhaa...... Bhaiyaa..actually... we..we... " started bharat

"okay have a breath first than continue "

After a moment bharat started

"actually bhaiya we had a quarrel that who loves you most. And then shatrughan came up with the idea of having a race to your chamber and the one who will hug you first will proove his love"

Ram was shocked hearing this.

"seriously? A race for prooving who loves me more! "

"yes bhaiya!" said the three of them in unison

"but i thought amongst us shatrughan runs the fastest but how come lakshman won" asked ram

"bhaiya when anything related to you is happening how can i accept defeat. I can fight with the whole world for you" lakshman responded proudly

Ram was in awe hearing this.

"bhaiya you know this was chote's(younger brother) trick behind keeping race as a competition because he knew he runs the fastest amongst us" pointed laksh

Shatrughan was all red on getting caught by his elder twin.

"Bhaiya now lakshman bhaiya claims he loves you the most. But who do you love the most amongst us bhaiya? " asked an innocent shatrughan

"me?.... I... "started ram but was cut by lakshman

"shatrughan what kind of a question is this. We three are equally dear to ram bhaiya. He loves the three of us equally. Don't insult bhaiya's love for us by asking such a question" replied laksh

Ram looked at his laksh lovingly. He was indeed ram's soul. Even though all three of his brothers are very dear to him but lakshman he was special. Lakshman is ram's breath he cannot live without him.

"sorry" said shatrughan

"no need to say sorry! Now come we should sleep before mata gets to know"

The three of them climbed their respective beds and in no time they were asleep. But ram he was thinking about the events which took place few moments back. He was admiring his laksh. Everyone knew lakshman as a strong shot tempered prince but only ram knew how soft and kind his laksh was at heart, how protective he was for his family especially his ram bhaiya. Felling obliged to have a younger brother like him he went to sleep.

NEXT DAY

In a few years the princes were to be sent to gurukul but king dashrath was reluctant he wanted them to learn in palace but being an important ritual of raghukul he had to send them. The princes always used to learn even the basic things about fighting and warefare in gurukul but king wanted his princes to know sword fighting even before going to gurukul. That was very unusual for everyone around but no one objected. In order to fulfill the king's desire Vijay the chief commanding officer of Ayodhya army was given the responsibility to teach the princes swordfighting. Today he brought them to the armory. Four of them were very excited especially lakshman. Vijay showed them some basic techniques and they practiced for a while.