I'll Never Forget It

~Lost and insecure, you found me. Lying on the floor, surrounded.~ The Fray.

Chapter Theme Song: 'You Found Me' by The Fray.

••

Third-person Pov

"Fuck...why won't Jeff pick his damn phone up?" Greg hisses, fiercely pressing the disconnect button to avoid listening to the voicemail menu. He is standing outside the gym, the cold evening air a vast contrast to his current mood. Jeff was supposed to be here already since today was their scheduled work-out day, but nightfall is nearing, and he is yet to see a sign of his best friend. Concluding that Jeff probably changed his mind, he quickly moves over to his brown jeep and gets in, deciding to head home and call it a day.

"Probably at home fucking Miranda..." He grumbles, shaking his head as he steers out of the parking lot. Greg is oblivious to the black Honda trailing him home as he turns his radio up, idly drumming his fingers against the leather-covered steering wheel.

His three-story house is not far away from the gym. When he first came to Crossview after his long visit abroad, he fell in love with the scheme for a few reasons, one being loathingly impure. Rainey.

He wanted to be nearby, hopefully getting an opportunity to swing by at perfect timing when Jeff and her mom is absent and perhaps, he would get the chance to do what he wants. What he had not been able to do in six years.

He parks his jeep in the wide spacious yard of his mansion and hops out, humming a song to himself while he grabs his gym bag. Ansel and Alex who are watching him a few blocks down are appalled that he lives in the same scheme as Rainey and this repels them to carry on with their acts of revenge. If they were to have even a speck of sympathy prior, his mere choice of residence would debilitate the mercy.

Greg steps onto his porch and his Beagle hops down from his beanbag, waggling his tail as he scuttles over to his owner. Greg smiles as he reaches down to fluff the dog's head.

"Hey, miss me?" He chuckles, straightening his spine to retrieve his key from his sweatpants.

As soon as he turns the key in the door and grips the knob, a cold metal presses into his side. He stiffens and slowly turns his face to see a smirking boy.

"Open the door and be quiet," Alex orders devilishly, pressing his finger against his lips for comical effect.

Greg's eyes drop to the weapon and the color drains from his face. "What the fuck is this? A robbery?"

"You should just do as you're told."

Greg looks in the opposite direction where he heard the second voice, discovering an unsmiling Ansel leaning against the wall of his patio. He raises his chin with clenched teeth. "You."

"Yeah, me. Surprise." Ansel's expression is hard as he jerks his head in the direction of the door. "Open it, or we'll blow your brains out right here where your dog can lick up your remains."

The Beagle is waggling his tail, strangely not unnerved by the two strangers standing on the porch.

Greg swallows hard, his hands shaking as he gently opens the door. The screeching noise it makes as it swings open adds to the suspense of the situation and he slowly walks inside as if he is walking into his death.

The boys follow in behind him, both having their guns in close reach as Greg raises his quivering palms, glancing sideways in fear.

"L-look you guys can take everything, everything. Do you guys want money? I can give you that. How much do you want?"