108

"Where did Abbadon come from?" Sam asked.

"Where'd you come from?" Dean asked.

"She's from hell." Henry answered Sam's question. I'm from Normal, Illinois—1958."

Dean scoffed. "Yeah right."

Henry wasn't joking.

"Seriously?" Dean huffed. "Dudes traveling through motel room closets? That's what we've come to?"

"If you could just take me to John, we could clear all this up, I'm sure."

Jessica frowned once again.

"I told you that's not going to happen." Dean said.

"Why not?" Henry asked.

Jessica hugged her arms to her chest. "John Winchester is dead."

"No." Henry breathed.

"What's it to you?" Sam asked.

"Everything. I'm his father."

~<•>~

Jessica sat across from Henry at a table while Sam and Dean conversed at a counter.

In Henry's hand, he held a picture of him and his son.

"When you went to fight Abbadon, she called you an angel." Henry looked up at Jessica. "What did she mean by that?"

Jessica sighed. She pulled out her angel blade and handed it to Henry. "That is an angel blade. It was given to me once I was made into one of them. I'm only half angel, not a full one."

"So, angels are real?" Henry asked. "I find that hard to believe.

Jessica closed her eyes and opened them again. She watched as Henry's eyes widened as he stared at a pair of glowing blue eyes.

"Believe me now?" Jessica smiled.

Sam and Dean came back to the table and sat down.

"How are you doing?" Sam asked.

"I'll be fine." Henry replied. "After all, despite everything, I've just met my grandsons, haven't I?" The man held out a hand towards Sam. "Henry Winchester."

"It's a pleasure." Henry said as he shook Sam's hand.

"Sam."

Henry held out his hand towards Dean.

Dean stared at the hand as if it was a foreign object. He reached over Sam and placed food in front of Henry.

"Dinner."

Sam sighed. "This is Dean. The woman next to him is his wife, Jessica."

"It's nice to meet you." Jessica smiled. Henry nodded his head.

"Well, this has been touching. How about we figure out how to clean up your mess, huh?"

Jessica elbowed the man. "Be nice."

"Abbadon. Yes. She must be stopped."

"And how come she didn't die when I stabbed her?" Dean asked.

"Because demons can't be killed by the run-of-the-mill cutlery." Henry replied. "At the very least you'd need an ancient demon killing knife of the Kurds."