Chapter 36: Multiple POV

Alexandre's POV

August's light brown wolf jumped in front of me. My father's talon scrapped its way down August's neck, making him yelp loudly. The Omega fell to the ground, blood began pouring out of his neck like a faucet. He changed back into his human form, his wolf no longer being able to hold form. He desperately tried clasping his hands around his neck, trying to catch his breath and put pressure on the wound, but it was a feeble attempt. Instantly I changed back in human form and I pulled August in my arms.

"Oh Goddess, oh goddess." I replied, putting my hands down on the claw marks, trying to apply pressure. I knew it wouldn't be effective but the panic had already settled. "You're gonna be okay." I pulled him tighter to me, rocking back and forth. His eyes started drooping. "Stay awake little one, you're gonna be okay." I slapped his cheeks trying to keep him awake. It was as if the world had stopped spinning. I felt a piece of me drifting... The only words I could form for him was that he was going to be okay.

This reminded me of when I found him in the woods after he had been attacked by rogues, but this time it was at my father's hands. My eyes snapped up when hands started trying to pull him away from me.

"Do you hear me, we need to get him in the house." My father made a swift motion to the house. I then became aware of my surroundings, after what happened with August it was as if the world had melted away. Dimitri was idle, in shock of what had ended up transpiring.

"Kathy's on her way right now!" My mom sounded panicked. A white towel landed on top of the hand I had been holding onto his neck with. I moved my hand and bundled the towel up and put it against his neck putting pressure on it.

"I'm so sorry baby..." I pull his hands up and put them against his neck so I can carry him into the house.

---

An hour had passed since the incident had happened, I was sitting outside of the packs infirmary waiting for Kathy to come out and give me an update. August's parents were currently on a flight from South Carolina, they had been there to have a pack sign documents on an alliance with us. They were supposed to go to another pack in Florida to settle something else, but my father had commanded for them to come home.

I was hoping August would be okay because the thought of losing him was not on my agenda, I would kill my father if he cut August's life short. That was not an idle thought, I honestly wanted to kill him right here and now as he paced in front of me. I could tell the anxiety was eating him alive, good.

The door to the infirmary opened, Kathy stepped out, taking her bloody gloves off of her hands. "He's stable now, you hit a major artery in his neck, thankfully his wolf managed to heal that first. The claw marks were able to get stitched up, he'll be fine, right now we're giving him blood because he lost a liter of blood, had he lost any more we would have had a different conversation on our hands. Alpha, I'm going to be blunt right now. You need a harsh reality check, this boy is suffering because of you. You're meant to protect our pack, but you just gravely injured an Omega." She put her hands on her hips.

"He's the one who got in the way of Alexandre." He stopped pacing, looking the pack doctor in the eyes.

"So that makes it better? You were trying to hurt your son like that?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Had the blow landed on him it wouldn't have been as bad, he was closer to me therefore the blow was harder." He tried defending his actions, as if it were logical to hurt someone like that.

"Why were you even fighting your son this time?" His jaw ticked at the question, he hated that she knew of his wrong doings. 

"He keeps insisting that Omega is his mate." He gritted his teeth.