Epilogue

For the very last time, happy reading :)

To Mr Lupin,

I would like you to come to my office at lunch today, as I need to discuss something very important with you.

Professor Dursley

Teddy looked at the letter in shock, staring up at the staff table, but he couldn't catch the Transfiguration professor's eye. She was in happy conversation with Longbottom, and he showed her something on his hand. Dursley laughed with glee and hugged him, before getting up and walking down the Slytherin table, handing out timetables as she did so. What did the head of Slytherin want with him? Could it be something to do with OWLs? But he wasn't even bad at Transfiguration! And he can't have done anything wrong yet - it was only the first day and he was sure he hadn't done any pranks.

Teddy accepted his timetable and looked it over. Excellent - Defence first period. "Who's your other letter from?" Matt asked him from across the table. Teddy handed it over silently, and saw Matt frown, "You haven't even done anything yet!" he protested, spraying cornflakes across the table.

"I know!" Teddy exclaimed.

"What's up?" Leo asked, sitting down with one of their other dorm mates, Ben.

"I've got a meeting with Dursley!" Teddy explained.

Matt shuddered again and Leo looked thoughtful. "Could it be because you're a prefect?" he asked.

"She's Head of Slytherin you nitwit! We're in Hufflepuff!" Teddy said rather too loudly and the five of them laughed.

Teddy frowned in thought, but his attention was caught when a pretty and freckled Gryffindor girl with a pointed face stood up, her long red hair swinging behind her as she left the Great Hall. Teddy stood up to follow her and the boys around him cheered and wolf-whistled, jostling him as he walked away grinning.

He followed the red-haired girl up to the third floor before he finally called out to her. "Oi!" he shouted, "Dursley!" The girl came to an abrupt halt.

"If you aren't going to use my first name then it's Dursley-Weasley!" she called back, before turning around, to come face-to-face with Teddy. "Oh," she said, her ears growing pink, "It's you."

"Oh?" Teddy asked teasingly, "Disappointed to see me?"

"How about, Hello Mr Lupin?" she asked, teasingly.

"Nah, too formal," he said, running his hand through her beautifully silky hair, "Something like - Hi Olive - how are you doing today?" Olive blushed even more and bit her lip in a gorgeous smile.

"I have to go," Olive said, "I have Creatures first."

"Well, before you go," Teddy said, fishing in his pocket for the letter, "Have a read of this. D'you think I'm in trouble with your Mum?"

Olive read it and smiled, handing it back. "No, she loves you," she said, smiling kindly, "If you were in trouble you'd know about it. My Ma does not mess about."

"Yeah?" Teddy asked, slightly comforted by her words.

"Yeah," Olive said reassuring him. She stood on her tip-toes and gave him a peck on the cheek before rushing off to her first lesson in the grounds.

*****

Teddy knocked lightly on Dursley's door, slightly scared to go in, but he wasn't going to let on. "Come in," the professor's voice called from inside. Teddy opened the door and looked around - he had never been in here. Bookshelves lined most of the walls, filled with books from all kinds of topics. A picture of a younger Olive playing in front of a rickety looking house hung on one wall, and he looked at it fondly.