Just a Friend (2) | explicit

"Girl, wha- wait wait. So let me get this straight... He held your hand, he held you, and he said I love you... but then was all up on that girl afterwards?" Makiya my girl best friend reiterated back to me making the most disgusted face in the universe.

I nodded my head, and wiped my nose with a tissue I still had in my hand. I had been crying all week since I left his house replaying the situation in my bed.

"He's sending mad mixed signals. Arnell, I don't want to say this, because I know it's not what you want to here but.. maybe you shouldn't get your hopes up over him." She sighed looking into the camera. Makiya would always want what's best for me, she'd never lead me astray. I stayed quiet for moment trying to take in that truth and understand it, when my phone vibrated indicating I had another call coming in.

Melo's name flashed across the screen, incoming call from Big Dipper🤩..

"Oh girl, somebodies calling me." I smiled slightly. "Bitch that better not be Me-."

"Hello?" I asked, tilting my phone up so he could only see the ceiling fan. I didn't want him to see that I was crying, it would lead to too many unwanted questions and an awkward conversation.

However, his face was in the camera and it looked a little red. "What you doing right now, Can I come over?" He spoke, seemingly a little flustered and annoyed.

"Um, yeah sure." "Okay I'm on my way." With that he hung up the call. I quickly jumped up cleaning my room. I had at least 20 minutes before Melo arrived so I hoped in the shower, and did my edges with some edge booster.

Before I knew it, the annoying ringing of my doorbell was audible throughout the house. "Oh shit." Quickly I slid on some grey shorts, a black tee, and sprayed a vanilla mist before making my way down the steps to Melo. "Hey." I stepped to the side allowing him to walk in.

"Wassup." He hugged me, then followed closely behind to my room. "I haven't been here in a cool minute." He spoke softly, which was totally unlike him, and flopping on my bed.

"Yeah cuz, that girl be having you on lockdown." I grinned, finding amusement in my shade hoping he would too. However, his face started to frown up and he looked up at the ceiling, sighing out. It was unlike him to not have a witty comeback for anything I said to him. Especially when it came to his lover.

There was obviously something up with my best friend. "Is everything okay?" I asked climbing on the bed and laying on my side next to him. I burned a whole in the side of his face, while he ignored my pries into his love life.

He closed his eyes tightly before grabbing his chest. "I broke up with her today."

yessssss.

Grabbing the hand that laid on his chest, I rubbed it in circular motions like how he did me last weekend. "why did you do that?" I pretended to care. I mean don't get me wrong I cared that he was sad but I didn't care that he broke up with her. She was bad news from the beginning.

"I knew for weeks, maybe even months that she was cheating." His voice croaked.

damn.

"I thought maybe that, once I finally made it to the big league you know with being drafted she's stop playing with me. But I caught her. I caught her having sex with the nigga she told me not to worry about." A single tear fell from each of his eyes as he pressed them shut. He squeezed them so hard as if he was trying to erase the image of her fucking another man out of his mind.

Something took over me and I found myself leaned over kissing his tears away. My cheeks warmed from embarrassment after realizing what I just did. "I'm- im sorry." I moved back from him. He reached his hand to my face pulling it closer to his, then placing his lips to mine. Intertwining them, making the fireworks I knew were always there go off.