extra: speechless

it was a pretty laid back saturday. only suga and daichi were in the house. his mom was at writing group, sakura was out with her boyfriend, and his dad decided to go fishing.

daichi felt bad putting the stress of caring for another child on the sugawara's. he knew that they were happy to have him, especially since he took care of suga so they didn't have to, but that didn't stop daichi from taking on a lot of the chores.

after finishing mowing the lawn, pulling weeds from the flower garden, watering the herbs, and sweeping the deck, he took off his shoes by the door, going into the laundry room. he pulled his and suga's clothes out of the dryer and into a hamper, moving another load from the washer over.

he huffed and dragged the hamper into the dining room, leaving it just outside of the kitchen as he washed his hands. he grabbed a cutting board from the rack, and then washed fresh cilantro, jalapeños,  bok choy, and green onion. daichi sharpened a knife and then started slicing the vegetables. he split them between two bowls.

he opened the pantry and grabbed a package of thin rice noodles and hummed. his broth was simmering, and daichi boiled water on the stove, setting the noodles in. he poured the broth over the vegetables and watched the noodles closely so they didn't overcook. he strained the water and split the noodles.

he smiled, setting the bowls on the dining room table. "koshi, lunch is ready!"

when there was no response, daichi sighed, grabbed the hamper and dragged it upstairs. he stopped outside of of the door and pressed his ear to it to listen.

"-there are no words left to speak," suga sang, "but if you feel like i feel."

daichi felt his heart flutter in his chest, recognizing the song. can't take my eyes off of you; frankie vallie. god, suga was a good singer.

"please let me know that it's real," suga continued, his voice light and feathery, yet still ballad-y in a way. "you're just too good to be true, can't take my eyes off of you~" he finished the verse, making daichi sigh.

"i love you, baby and if it's quite alright, i need you baby, to warm the lonely nights. i love you baby, trust in me when i say~" suga held out the note, the smile obvious in his voice.

"oh pretty baby, don't bring me down i pray!" he hummed instead of singing the next line, picking back up at, "now that i've found you, stay and let me love you baby, let me love you~"

daichi opened the door and peaked inside the room. headphones in, suga had his back turned from the door. daichi smirked and tip toed behind suga, careful not to make a noise. still singing, suga didn't notice. when daichi was right behind him, he grabbed him at the waist, pressing kisses to his neck.

suga gasped and his hands flew down to daichi's. he turned his head and then sighed relieved.

"babe! you can't sneak up on me like that."

daichi chuckled and kissed the side of suga's face. "sorry, i didn't want to interrupt you. you sounded really good. please keep going?"

suga sighed with a smile. he turned around in daichi's grip and rested his hands on daichi's shoulders. they missed some of the verse, so suga picked up on the next line.

"i wanna hold you so much." he looked daichi in the eyes, a big grin on his face. "at long last, love has arrived and i thank god i'm alive." he pulled a little closer. "you just too good to be true. can't take my eyes off of you."

suga closed his eyes, ironically, turning his head, belting out the chorus. "i love you baby!" he opened one of his eyes. "and if it's quite alright, i need you baby, to warm the lonely nights," suga sang, pulling daichi even closer, their bodies pressed against each other. "i love you baby. trust in me when i say," he continued, his volume, getting a little bit lower. "oh pretty baby, don't bring me down i pray! oh pretty baby, now that i've found you, stay and let me love you baby, let me love you~" suga finished, looking daichi in the eyes.

daichi was speechless, and oh so in love.

"nothing to-mHHHPH" daichi crashed his lips into suga's. melting into the kiss, suga hung his arms around daichi's neck.