34| The Drunk Dial

"Can I have a Cosmo, please?" I asked the bartender at Down the Rabbit Hole.

"Coming right up."

After two days of being sad and depressed, I decided to shower and come out of hiding. Well, kind of. I ran out of alcohol. So, here I was.

I thought about calling Wyatt a million times. I went back and forth in my head about what happened. I didn't want to be without him, but I couldn't risk falling even more in love with him if he didn't feel the same way. Or if he couldn't admit it to me.

"Here's your Cosmo."

"Thanks." I took a sip and sighed with contentment. This was better.

Even though I hated being in crowded places, it was nice to be out of my apartment. Being by myself for two days only made me think of Wyatt more. At least here, it seemed easier to be distracted.

Maybe now I wouldn't think about the way he kissed me. Or the way he whispered sweet things in my ear when he made love to me. Yep. I'm not thinking about any of that.

"I'm gonna call him," I said to myself as I pulled my phone out of my purse.

"That's never a good idea."

I frowned before I looked to the left. There was a man I didn't know sitting there, holding what looked a glass of whiskey.

"Excuse me?"

He chuckled and pointed to my Cosmo. "Whenever someone is drinking, and they think it's a good idea to call an ex boyfriend or girlfriend, it's usually not a good idea."

By the tone of his voice, I could tell he's had some experience with this. I studied his profile. He looked vaguely familiar to me; it was like I've seen him somewhere before. And his voice...

"You are the one who told me to come up here, Logan. You are the one who reached out and asked to meet up with me."

Oh. My. God. "I'm sorry, but is your name Grant?"

He turned towards me with suspicion. "Do I know you?"

I was so surprised, I stammered like an idiot. "I'm, uh, Lia--I mean, Amelia."

Understanding dawned on him. "Logan's fiancee?"

I wasn't quite sure how to answer that. To everybody except Logan, Wyatt, and myself, Logan and I were still engaged.

"Yes."

"How the hell did you know who I was?" His tone wasn't angry, it was disbelief and confusion mixed into one.

I looked away; suddenly feeling a little uncomfortable. Grant didn't know I basically knew everything about his and Logan's relationship.

"Well," I looked back over at him, "I know." I was hoping the way I said it, he would understand what I meant.

By his panicked expression, I would say he definitely understood what I meant.
"How? Did Logan tell you?"

"Well...it's kind of a long story." Yeah, that was the biggest understatement of the year.

"I've got nowhere else to be," he said pointedly. Clearly, he wanted information; and he wasn't leaving until he got it.

"Okay." I turned towards him. "First, I saw some text messages on his phone. The name was saved under your first initial. G. I was going to ask him about it, but then I saw you and Logan outside of the lake house." My eyes met his. "In the driveway."

His gaze never broke from mine. "You saw us."

"Yes."

"And you stayed with him?"