chapter 12

Andrea's pov:

"You love him, don't you?" He asks, his smirk getting wider with every passing second.

"What are you talking about?" I title my head to the side and frown.

"Okay, maybe love is too heavy. You like Gabriel carter," He speaks again emphasizing.

I shake my head violently as a no and shout "Oh my god! No,"

"you know everyone in that room who saw you dancing thinks that you guys are in love. Just the way you look at each other makes it so obvious. The only people who don't see it are you guys." He laughs looking to the front. "his girlfriend almost killed you with her eyes"

"listen Andrea, I like you but when I saw the way you look at him I knew I had no chance," He sighs looking back at me.

I drop my head to my hands and look out of the window when he looks the other way. The ride home was silent, both of us drown in our worlds. My world was a mess of confusion.

"Thank you for the beautiful evening," I say once we arrive home and head up to the penthouse. I unlock the door with my double key and when I pass by Gaby's room I hear them fighting.

"Why don't you understand, I feel insecure whenever you're being with Andrea. And don't lie to me, I know something is happening between you two," Bailey screams.

I freeze in my spot and wait for Gabriel's response, and I know, I know that I am going to get hurt.

"NO! We already talked about this. Andy and I are just friends, it has always been you," He responds. Well, that wasn't as bad as I expected, but now I feel like I'm invading their relationship.

I throw myself on my bed not bothering to change my clothes. I lay on my back and close my eyes.

Matia was wrong. I don't like Gabriel, I actually hate how his eyes shine when he talks about his moms' paintings, or how he always wants to learn Italian food but ends up asking for my help.

I dislike his smirk and the way his lips move when we hum our favorite song together. And I hate even more the butterflies I get whenever he holds my hand when I get scared.

His hands securing my body felt so peaceful that I wish the music could play for the rest of our lives and there will only be me and him lost in each other's presence.

I open my eyes and feel my tears falling by the sides of my face making their way to my ears.

I like Gabriel carter.

       ___________________________

Few days have past and things changed. I still cook their breakfast, Gabriel still doesn't wake up without me waking him up because Bailey oversleeps. But things got awkward between the two of us.

It's funny how when I realized my feelings for him we started drifting away.

Bailey changed since the gala, she started acting up and avoiding me. I wonder if it has a relation with their fight.

After what I heard it makes me feel uneasy, I don't want to be a homewrecker. Even though I like Gabriel he doesn't like me back and I'm not a teenager anymore to get all depressed about it.

I head to the kitchen to grab a night snack and find Gabriel and Bailey cuddling on the couch and looking toward the TV.

Once they see me Gabriel says "hey Andy, if you want you can join us?"

I take a seat far from them feeling not welcomed, I read the movie's title Saw IV.

When my eyes start hurting from focusing too much on the movie, I look their way and find a grinning Bailey enjoying all the blood that the movie held.

well, it's not like the movie is scary but that's kind of weird. Any rational person wouldn't be smiling at people getting their eyes sucked out, that's pretty disgusting. Isn't she supposed to be shy and sensitive?

"I think I'm going to my room, I got tired," I dismiss myself, but they don't even look my way. So this is how third-wheeling feels.

In the morning I get a call from Matia. I answer after contemplating "hey, do you want to hang out?" he asks casually.

"Yeah sure, I didn't want things to get awkward between us," I say.

"I'll pass by your house and call once I'm down," He says, and I end the call after agreeing.

I go through my closet and choose short jeans skirt with a white shirt and a blue jacket.

When I get his call I go down and check the gray Ferrari he's leaning on. "You really have good taste in cars," I compliment and he chuckles.

We get into the car and drive to the beach. Once we're there we sit in the sand and keep silent for seconds.

"Are you still in denial or you got it?" He asks, his face fixed on the horizon.

I chuckle to myself and answer, "I think I have finally admitted it to myself, I like him and you were right"

"Finally you came to your senses," He says joking. Then adds "so am I out of the view?"

I chuckle and fist his shoulder "we can still be friends,"

"Ouch, I've just been friend-zoned." He grabs his heart dramatically.

He gets on his feet and shakes off the sand stuck in his jeans with his hands. He offers his hand for me to grab, "come on follow me,"

I eye his hand that's hanging in the air confused, "where are we going?" I whine.

"Rent bicycles," He says. I take his hand and say "are you crazy?"

"Why? You need to have some fun, and relax a bit." He furrows his eyebrows and adds. "You're overthinking, aren't you? "

"Yes?" I ask more than answer and he smiles brightly, "then this is exactly what you need,"

We rent bicycles and enjoy our time, riding and chuckling most of it, smirk and make jokes from time to time. When we get tired of all the action we had we buy ice cream.

I wipe Matia's nose from the ice cream he had, "you're kind of cute when you're like this, carefree and not smirking and stuff," I say chuckling.

"Don't play with my feelings girl," He jokes and we end up laughing both of us.

When we end our ice creams, we head home in his car. He opens my door for me once we arrive and we stop there facing each other.

"Thank you Matia, I needed this." I say hugging him, and he ropes his hands around me saying, "take care of yourself and if you need anything call me."

..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  .