MFA chapter 13*

Chapter 13* 

November 2010 

"Mama Jinxx, you make the best pumpkin pie I have ever tasted," I complimented, rubbing my belly contentedly. It was Thanksgiving and we were all in Iowa with Jinxx's parents. His mom has us call her Mama Jinxx. I actually quite like it. It suits her. 

"Why thank you Zandy, sweetie," she thanked, a slight drawl in her voice. She smiled warmly at me. "Did baby like it?" 

I rubbed the small bump on my stomach lovingly. "Oh yeah," I told her, a big grin on my face. Andy , who was sitting next to me at the dining room table, rested his hand on my stomach. The other guys were in the living room playing video games. Andy didn't really like video games, so I had stayed to sit with him and Mama Jinxx. I liked video games just fine, but I'd rather stay with my honey. Maybe if we got Guitar Hero on... 

Andy kissed the top of my head, then pulled me into his lap. I leaned back against his chest as his long arms wrapped around me, his hands resting on my stomach.  

"Have you told either of your parents yet?" Mama Jinxx asked. Andy and I turned to each other to grimace.  

We shook our heads resolutely. "No, but we're gonna tell 'em when we visit for a late Thanksgiving tomorrow," I answered.  

I was more than a little nervous about telling our parents. Andy's mom and dad might take it alright, maybe even be happy to finally be having a grandchild, but my mom and siblings were another story. I hadn't even told Jordan yet, and his jurisdiction would probably be the worst of all. Taylor might be excited, maybe Dylan, too. But, there was my mom, and she had always been against a lot of things that I've decided to do. Well, I really didn't decide on getting pregnant, it just kind of...happened, obviously. 

Mama Jinxx nodded. "I see. Rather tell them in person than over the phone." 

Andy and I nodded simultaneously, grinning. "Exactly," we said together. 

A silence draped over the kitchen, but it wasn't awkward. Jinxx's mom went to clean the dishes that wouldn't fit into the dishwasher. I stayed on Andy's lap, his hands on my stomach and mine resting on his. We just sat, absorbed in our own thoughts. 

I was now excited to be starting a family with Andy. He was my soulmate, my one and only, my forever. We were going to have kids someday anyway, why not start now. Yes, I realize what we did is illegal, Andy being a legal adult and me being underage, but neither of us could come to care. No one else seemed to care either, so what did it matter? Our friends and families weren't going to call the cops on us. 

The sound of the surround sound turning up and rattling the house caught my attention. I slid off of Andy's lap and pulled him along into the living room with me. The guys were setting up the stuff to Guitar Hero; CC behind the drums, Jake on guitar, Ash on bass, and the mic stand stood alone. Jinxx was crouched down next to XBOX 360, turning the controller on for the mic. 

Andy and I sat on the couch next to Jinxx's dad. The guys went through and picked the first song. I noticed that the tracks on here were not those that were on any of the other Guitar Heros. It must be downloads of some of Jinxx's music. He came and sat on the couch beside the three of us as the other guys picked a song. After some deliberation, they settled on 'Teenagers From Mars' by The Misfits. Andy resisted, but we all finally coaxed him to go up and sing. 

We got through a bunch of songs, everybody trading the instruments with each song. All the guys were able to play on expert, no surprise there,but I stuck to hard. 

Finally, and completely on purpose, Andy picked 'Fences' by Paramore. It took him and Jake to get me to stand behind the microphone and not run away. Even when I tried to escape, the guys started playing too soon for me to leave before the lyrics started up.