Story 5: Alexander Ankh

Synopsis:

A prince of a certain country, he is a buddyfighter who has earned the title “Ace of Legend”. His nickname is Alec. He has played once before with Yuga when he was went on an overseas trip as a young child. Alec has come to Japan in order to gain revenge for when he lost against Yuga in a game.

________________________________________________

The distant past.

Moments after the planet known as Earth came into being.

There were deities who were concerned about its fate.

“What’s going on here?” The flame deity cocked his head to one side.

“…This isn’t normal. All of the worlds’ distortions are gathered here. Eventually, this planet will become a singularity that links parallel worlds,” the Ice Deity said mournfully, lamenting Earth’s future.

“If that happened, there’s definitely gonna be a huge war. What was the point of us Dragods separating the parallel worlds from each other, then?”

“But I think that this distortion developed as a result of us creating the different worlds.”

“Then I guess we’re gonna have to do something about it.”

“Yeah. Eventually, an intelligent lifeform called “humans” will appear on this world. In order to maintain balance, we should guide them so that they can coexist with the parallel worlds that are linked to their world.”

“But that’s not gonna be enough.”

“You’re right. All the malice of the world will gather here, as well.”

“We’re gonna need a power that can counter that malice, the ‘power to blaze a path to the future’.”

“Let’s search for it. The one who has that power will be born on this planet for certain.”

The twin pillar deities made their decision.

◇ ◇ ◇

“A visitor from the outside world? Seeking an audience with me?”

The crown prince of the Ankh Kingdom, [Alexander Ankh (Alec for short)] creased his brow in a frown. It was unusual for a visitor from the outside world to seek an audience, not with his father the king, but Alec himself, who had not yet come of age.

“Very well. Show him through to the great hall.”

Alec gave his servant the order, and quickly donned his formal attire before heading to the great hall.

As Alec strode through a long corridor and entered the great hall, he found a white-haired man in a long coat waiting for him.

Alec sat down on a luxurious throne and spoke to his visitor.