Déjà Vu

December 18th.

"Hermione! Help me, dammit!" Hermione laughed as she finished putting in one of her earrings.

"Chill, Pansy. I'll be done in a second." Hermione looked at herself again in the mirror and tilted her head, smiling.

"Hermioneee!" Hermione rolled her eyes and sighed loudly.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Hermione turned away from the mirror in their room and went to help Pansy with her problems.

"What it so important that you had to yell for me so much?" Hermione asked as she faced Pansy. She walked over to find Pansy struggling to zip up the back of her dress.

"I can't reeeeach," Pansy complained as she reached towards her back, trying to grab the zipper. Hermione laughed at Pansy as she struggled. "Stop laughing and help me, dammit!"

"Okay, okay, I will," Hermione laughed again as she walked over to help. She slowly raised the zipper and patted Pansy's back. "Done." Pansy smiled widely and turned around.

"So~" Pansy started. "How do I look?" she asked Hermione, but Hermione didn't answer. She stared at Pansy's dress with a stunned look.

"What?" Pansy asked worriedly. "What's wrong? Do I look bad?" Pansy looked down at herself, trying to figure out the problem.

"No, Pansy, it's not that," Hermione stated.

"Then, what-" Pansy started, but was cut short by Hermione.

"Pansy. You look absolutely stunning." Hermione looked up at Pansy, who was caught off guard by her statement.

"What?" Pansy was surprised by the genuine tone in Hermione's voice. "Really? Do I really look good?" Pansy asked. Hermione laughed.

"You look spectacular, Pansy." Pansy blushed at Hermione's words.

"I haven't even put makeup on yet." She pushed past Hermione and went to the mirror to apply her makeup. Hermione chuckled at Pansy's embarrassed reaction.

"And what about you? Are you going to put on your dress yet?" Pansy asked as she put on a slight lip tint.

"Yeah. I guess I'll get changed now." Hermione wandered over to her closet where her dress was stored. She took it out and took a few second to look at it.

"Something wrong, 'Mione?" Pansy asked. Hermione smiled slightly.

"I don't know. I just feel like-" she paused for a second, still examining the dress. "I feel like I won't do a beautiful dress like this justice." Pansy scoffed loudly, making Hermione laugh.

"Why are you scoffing at me?" Hermione smiled as she draped the dress over her arm.

"If anything, Hermione, that dress won't do you enough justice. Now stop worrying and go change, we're gonna be late." Hermione laughed again and nodded.

"Okay, okay. I'll be back." Hermione went over to the girls' shared bathroom. She easily put on the dress, unlike Pansy, and hesitated in facing the mirror behind her. She took a deep breath, reassuring herself that she would look fine. She took one more breath and whipped around to look at herself. She gasped as she saw herself in the mirror.

"I look-" she turned from side to side, looking at the dress and herself from as many angles as possible. She laughed in disbelief. "I look...good?" She smiled wider as she did a 360 in the mirror. Her smile was spread wide across her face. She had expected an average looking person in the mirror, but what she least expected was to actually like the way she looked in the dress. It had been a while since she had worn a dress as involved as this one. If possible, her smile would've grown even wider as she stared longer. For the first time in a while, she felt good about herself.