II - Dancing

Leaving you a little dumbfounded after the mystical look he shot you, he turns back to the couple, and therefore the TARDIS.

'Right then everyone! I'll move my box,' the Doctor reaches the door of the TARDIS, and turns back out to the room. 'I only came for the dancing,'

He smiles like an energetic puppy before closing the door of the blue box, and the familiar whirring heard moments before echoes through the hall once again.

'So that's the Doctor then,' you say, wandering slowly towards your brother and his wife.

'That's the Doctor.' Amy replies, a look of adventure filling her eyes.

With the Doctor now temporarily gone, you wanted nothing more than to share the confused looks being thrown around the room from person to person. It seemed like the logical response to a mysterious stranger entering the room for a few minutes and then just moving outside to park his time machine, but nothing about him confused you- even a little. He felt confusingly safe, like you can and should trust every word that falls from his mouth. But there was hurt in his eyes, and you wanted nothing more than to investigate it.

It's safe to say that the Doctor made the wedding a lot better from that point on. Amy and Rory were both absolutely delighted he was here- that was evident from the beaming smiles that ceased to leave their faces for even a moment. You weren't much of a dancer, and so stayed sat at the back of the room for the majority of the evening. That was until Rory came and sat beside you.

'[Y/N], you're looking all lonely. Come dance with Amy and I,'

'I'm good, thanks.' you say quietly.

'What's so exciting about this table then?' he pulls up a chair and sits beside you. He looks at your face and then follows your eye line to see what you're looking at. He is distracted, however, by the Doctor's chaotic dancing under the lights and the laughter of the children around him.

'Ayy, you should talk to the Doctor.' he smiles, nudging your shoulder. 'He'll cheer you up.'

'I'm not sad, Rory,' you smile. 'I'd just prefer to watch. You're all having such a lovely time, I wouldn't want to spoil it,'

'No, I won't have that,' Rory says, standing. 'You shall dance at my wedding!'

You sigh, raising your eyebrows, before folding your arms and slumping back in your chair, smirking as if to say 'Yeah right'.

He simply straightens his back and pulls down on his collar to straighten it as well. 'I didn't want to have to do this.' He turns away from you and shouts towards the dance floor. 'Doctor!'

At the sound of his name, the Doctor turned on his heel quickly. Rory waves his hand, signalling to come over to you. He does so rather enthusiastically, still clicking to the rhythm of the music as he walks.

'Yes, Rory?'

'Can you please try and convince this one to get up and dance? She's been sat here all evening,'

'That, I can do,' he smiles, taking Rory's seat. You mouth a quick 'I hate you!' to your brother, and he simply blows a kiss back at you sarcastically, leaving you alone with the Doctor.

'So then, [Y/N], why aren't you dancing?'

'Well, Doctor,' you emphasise. 'I'm not a dancer,'

'Of course you are! Everyone's a dancer. Apart from Oliver Cromwell. I tried to teach him a jive and he banished me. Not allowed back to Stuart England anymore.'

The way he formed his sentences excited you- and it was almost admirable how many tangents he seemed to be able to find.

'Is that so?'

'Yep. But that's not the point! Come and dance with me, [Y/N]!' he says, standing. You plant your feet firmly on the floor and simply shake your head dismissively- but you should've known this wouldn't work with the Doctor. He grabs your hand and quickly drags you to the dance floor. Tripping a little in your heels, you follow the Doctor across crowds of people around the floor. As you reach the edge of the dance floor itself, the music changes, and you recognise it as the song the couple chose for their first dance. They're introduced to the floor with loud cheers and scattered applause, before wrapping their arms around one another and swaying delicately to the song.

'They're so pretty, aren't they?' the Doctor whispers, leaning closer to your ear.

'The prettiest,' you reply, keeping your gaze on the couple.

After the first minute or so of the song, the two share a quick kiss, and Amy whispers something into her husband's ear. He looks over to you immediately afterwards, and smiles, nodding a little. You take this as a signal to join the two, and they immediately engulf you in a hug as you reach them. When you break apart, Amy waves the Doctor over, and the two of them begin to dance together as the song changes. Many other people flood the floor, and begin to dance alongside them. You and Rory follow suit, but he wraps his arms around you tightly before doing so.

'You like the Doctor then?' he smiles. You turn over to where he and Amy are dancing, and then back to Rory.

'He's a stubborn one, I'll give you that,' you laugh.

'Got you to dance and everything,'

'I know, don't remind me or I might go sit down again,' you smirk.

'And I'll just have to send the Doctor back again.' he replies, smiling.

'Hey! You're dancing!' the Doctor shouts a little over the music from behind you. 'I knew you could!'

'So did I!' Amy shouts, pulling you away from Rory. 'You like the Doctor then?'

'Funnily enough, that's exactly the question your husband just asked me,'

'Did he? Well, great minds think alike and all of that rubbish,'

You laugh lightly as she extends her arms to you. You accept happily, and she pulls you close to her.

'Have you enjoyed your day, then?' you ask.

'One of the best so far, I'd have to say,' Amy smiles back at you. 'I've missed you,'

'And I you, Mrs Williams,' you smile cheekily at the use of her new name.

'Still feels weird,' she mutters. 'I wish you could come with us. With the Doctor, I mean,'

'As do I,' you reply, smiling sadly. 'But you know, I have to work. The shop'd miss me too much if I left.'

'What, you'd rather measure out grams of fizzy cola bottles than travel anywhere in time and space?'

'Well, you've got me there,' you chuckle with a hint of sadness.

You wished you could travel with the Doctor. Amy and Rory both spoke so highly of their times with him, you wanted nothing more than to follow them to random planets in random galaxies. But there was a risk, and you knew it. Not the 'self-explanatory potential death' risk as one might expect, the risk that worried you was what you were leaving behind. Nothing in particular tied you to Leadworth, but you didn't want to leave in case you didn't want to come home again afterwards.

The travels with the Doctor sounded absolutely wonderful, and it worried you that sometimes they were too good to be true. Plus, if you left, your parents would be by themselves. They didn't mind Rory leaving so much because they still had you. If anything tied you back to Earth, it was them.

Regardless of the potential in both options, you figured you'd have to make a choice between going and staying at some point. You just didn't expect it to be as soon as it was.