Chapter 8

i don't know what to write here so, hi!

also, i hope you all enjoyed the cuteness of last chapter (:

____________________________________________________________

Dear Boobear,

I hope you remember me because I could never forget you. I promise this isn't a trap, but there is sadly no way to let you know that that is the truth, so I hope you can trust me like you did when we were younger. 

I missed you, you know. after you moved away I was so lost without you there to help guide me. Eventually I found my way...kind of. I probably haven't made the best decisions sometimes. Like, maybe my fiance is not who I thought he was, or maybe I'm just unlucky. 

If you remember me and trust me, I want to meet up and talk about what we missed in our lives while we were apart.

As always, all my love,
Your Sunshine.

Harry finishes writing the letter than goes and finds an officer he knows will do as he says.

"I want you to find a way to get this letter to the mob boss. Under any circumstances do not open that letter and do not tell anyone you are doing this. The people who need to know have already been told. Am. I. Clear?" Harry asks making sure to get his point across. He might jhave been a little too harsh seeing as the officer shakily nods and then runs off to go and do as HArry had asked. 

Harry returns to his and Niall's work station and sits down with a long exhale. Niall looks over at him curiously, but doesn't ask anything because Harry said he would tell him after work. So, the two of them just continue working, as if nothing was going on. All Harry and Niall could do was wait, but for completely different reasons. 

                                                                 *** 

"Another letter came in and it looked like it was from an officer. We didn't open it yet cause the officer made sure to get the point across that only you can open it. We did try and see if there was any weapons in there without opening it and it seemed safe, so here you go." Liam says, whilst sliding the letter over the dark, oak desk towards Louis.

Louis opens the letter and reads it. And all he can think about are all the happy times they spent together just being carefree and being themselves. He may get a little jealous at the mention of a fiance, but no one needs to know that.

'How could I ever forget you, my Sunshine.' Louis thinks.

No one could stop them or tell them what to do. Those were the times when he was truly happy. He still trusted his Sunshine, even after all these years and if he worked for a secret agency. He had only told the people closest to him about the boy who taught him how to love. He wonders if Harry did the same or if he kept it to himself, as his own little secret.

"Thank you. Can you two please go and make sure everyone is doing what they need to be doing? I have to go and write a response to this." Louis asks, while waving the letter around in a motion for Liam and Zayn to leave.

"Yeah, or course. What was in that letter?" Liam asks, with a slight smirk, before they exit the room.

"Nothing majorly important. Just an old friend asking for some help." Is all that Louis says. Liam and Zayn glance at each other than back at Louis. They're slightly confused, but they had an idea of what was in the letter and figured that there was a reason Louis was not telling them everything. With that in mind, they make their way out of the office, leaving Louis to write a response back to Harry.

                                                                 ***

"Why didn't you shoot him?" Niall asks, as soon as he and Harry had walked out of the agency and out of earshot of anybody.

Harry sighs. He has to tell Niall now, or else he'll just keep pestering and asking him until he finally snaps.

"I know Louis. That's why I didn't shoot him." Harry says. He watches Niall's facial expressions as he tries to figure out 

"What do you mean, 'You know Louis?' How?!?! You would have known what he looked like then when we started this case." Niall questions. He is beyond confused. How would Harry know Louis?

"That's not what I meant Ni. I, ore like, knew Louis. We were childhood best friends, but he moved away and we lost contact. He was also my first crush and how I found out I liked boys." Harry whispers the last part. 

"That...that's crazy. So you didn't shoot cause you still like him?" 

"I don't know Ni. I'm engaged for Christ's sake! Plus, it's been years since I last saw him, let alone talked to him." Harry exclaims, walking away from Niall to get into his car and get home. He wishes he didn't have to think about this right now. He just needs to get back to Noah. His fiance. The person he loves. He shouldn't be thinking about his first love. Nope. Not at all. But, he can't stop his thoughts from wandering. 

                                                                 ***

It was two days later when one of the officers came up to Harry with an envelope in hand. 

"This is for you. I don't know who it's from, but the person who gave it to me said to make sure you, and only you, got it." The person explains.

Harry was a little taken aback from the person running up to him, but still accepted the letter anyway. He hopes the letter is what he thinks it is. "Thank you. I think I know what this is." 

The officer nods and walks away, allowing Harry to go back to his work station and read the letter. Niall gives him a curious look as he sits down staring at the envelope. He hopes Louis got his letter and that this is his reply. 

'Only one way to find out' He thinks and opens the letter.

Dear Sunshine,

Of course I remember you. Who wouldn't? And if they don't, well sucks to be them. I'm trusting you with this one, I hope you wouldn't try to deceive me because that failed when we were younger. I could always tell when you were lying. 

I missed you too. I'm sorry I had to move away, but I couldn't stop it. My mother needed a change after the split. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you, but if it makes you feel any better, I definetly lost my way without you. I mean, have you seen me now? 

So you have a fiance then. Are they nice? I hope whoever they are they treat you like you deserve to be treated. With lots of kindness and love. That's what you deserve even if you don't think so.

I would love to talk to you, angel. Maybe we can meet up at the old warehouse. Tomorrow. I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about. I'll come alone as long as you do too. I want it to just be you and I for this.

Lots of love,
Boobear.

Harry looks down at the letter with teary eyes and a faint smile on his lips. Oh, how he had missed Louis. He couldn't wait to get to see him again, without guns being involved. One night, and then he could see him again. Noah's probably going to kill him, hopefully not literally, but he needs to do this for himself.

He shreds the letter so that there is no evidence of it and looks up to see Niall already looking at him curiously. He sends him a small smile and they get back to work.

____________________________________________________________

yay! they're going to meet!

i hope you all enjoyed this chapter! thoughts?

don't forget to comment and vote.

also, HAPPY PRIDE EVERYONE! 

all my love,
-H