Mirio Togata

Izuku's POV

   I stretched, patiently waiting for the rest of my classmates to get here. Almost everyone was there, except for a few. I stopped stretching and sighed. 

   I looked around, spotting Amajiki-san mumbling to himself in the corner. Although I didn't want to pressure him into a conversation, I couldn't deny that I wanted to get to know him more. 

   "Amajiki-san!" I said, approaching him. He glanced at me before turning back towards the wall. "I'm Midoriya Izuku!"

   "...Amajiki Tamaki." Amajiki-san replied without even looking back at me. 

   "Em...May I ask what your quirk is? I've seen it on TV last year but I never got to see it in full detail." I said. He gave me no replied but I could see that he was trembling. "I'm making you uncomfortable, aren't I? I'm sorry, I'll leave."

   After saying that, I turned to leave.

   "...N-No. It's fine." I heard Amajiki-san say. It was my first time hearing his voice clearly. "My quirk...My quirk allows me to manifest the physical qualities of anything I've eaten."

   I quickly turned around to face him again. He hasn't moved from his position but I could see that he's relaxed a lot more than before. A light pink color dusted his face and I assumed that he was a bit embarrassed to talk to me.

   "Really?! Cool!" I smiled, trying to make Amajiki-san feel better. "Amajiki-san, your voice is really nice too!"

   "T-Thanks..." Amajiki-san blushed. 

   "What's your hero name?" I asked, inching a bit closer to the upperclassman. "Mine is Muse!"

   "My hero name is...Suneater." Amajiki-san replied, glancing at me. We made eye contact and he snapped his gaze back to the wall. "Lame, right?"

   "Huh? No! I think Suneater is a really cool name, Amajiki-san!" I smiled. 

   "...I don't know..." Amajiki-san replied with a sigh. 

   "Hmm..." I mumbled. Amajiki-san looked at me and I closed my eyes in thought. I opened my eyes once I thought of a way to cheer him up.

   "Then I'll be your first fan, Amajiki-san!" I said. "Suneater's Number One Fan!"

   Amajiki-san simply stared at me with a slightly surprised expression. He quickly looked back at the wall with a flustered expression, his face red. 

   "Thanks...Midoriya." I could barely hear him. I smiled at him but had to start getting ready for our fight with Togata-san.

   "Talk to you later, Amajiki-san!" I said, waving at him as I walked to where my classmates were gathered.

   I stood next to Aika, talking to her while watching the other stretch. Some seemed to be confident while some were confused, or even nervous. I was honestly pretty nervous myself, having to fight a third year, who is probably much more experienced than I am.

   "Hado-san, is Togata-san strong?" I asked. "Actually, nevermind. He looks strong..."

   "Mirio? Yeah, he's strong. He knows how to use his quirk effectively." Hado-san replied with a smile. "There once was a student who got so frustrated that the student quit being a hero, which caused many problems."

   "I see...Well, I'm sure we won't have that sort of problems! Right, guys?" I asked, turning back to look at my classmates.

   "Yeah!" My classmates replied. "Of course we won't."

   "You can come at me anytime, from anywhere. Who's going first?" Togata-san said, making us all look towards him.

   I stared at him blankly for a moment, trying to come up with a plan. I was about to tell everyone to stay still for a moment but even before I could get my words out, the others had already started attacking him. 

   Togata-san got ready to fight once they started attacking him. His clothes slipped off once he activated his quirk, which I was expecting but I wasn't really ready to see him...naked. Although he did put on his pants back on, just seeing the amount of muscle, it made me a bit self-conscious. 

   My classmates continued to attack, although I'd say most of it was in vain. I stood still, forgetting that I, too, would have to attack. I was a bit to absorbed in watching the battle unfold.

   All of my classmates' attacks failed and one by one, he took them down, starting from the long-distance fighters. I carefully watched his moves as he slipped through the floor, appearing and disappearing in the most unexpected times and at the most unexpected places. Even if I could predict where he was going, I wouldn't be able to land a blow on him since I would just slip through.

   I was about to move, seeing that everyone else was down. I could feel, no...I knew where Togata-san was going to pop up. However, I fell down, on my back, since I was a tad bit too slow, a heavy weight pushing down to the floor.

   I groaned in pain and I pouted as I looked up. I blushed, seeing that he was still half-naked. I clenched my eyes shut, trying to use my ultimate move on him. It didn't seem to work until Togata-san got off me, putting on his clothes. At that moment, he froze and I sighed in relief, helping Aika, who was still on the floor, recovering from Togata-san's blow.

   "My back hurts..." I complained, pouting at Aika snickered at me.

   "Well, my stomach hurts." Aika snorted. "Anyways, that was a big fail. We got wiped out in a matter of minutes."

   "Yeah, we suck at this..." I sighed, massaging my back. "Are you guys okay? That seemed like a heavy blow."

   My classmates simply nodded, their eyes blank and their faces lifeless. Seems like the fight took them by surprise.

   "Well, did you guys learn anything from this battle?" I asked. 

   "Not really, everything was just happening so fast. It took me by surprise." Hagakure sighed. 

   "Well...That should be something we should reflect on, right? We might not have been able to defeat him but there was a lot we could've learned about." I said, trying to cheer them up. I smiled while giving them a thumbs up. "I'm sure we'll be able to learn a lot from this experience. Don't be so down, guys!"

   My classmates looked at me, some turning red while some smiled back. 

   "Besides...It's not only his quirk that is impressive. When I saw him on TV last year, he didn't have a high ranking in the sports festival." I said. "But he must've put a lot of effort into developing his own skills and we should do that too!"

   "...Thanks, Midoriya. That makes me feel better." Iida replied, standing up. "I guess we still have a long way to go, though."

   "Yeah, and I thought we were a bit powerful." Denki whined. "He's certainly the man closet to being number one."

   We were soon gathered to the center of the gym and the three upperclassmen stood in front of us. 

   "He's someone who's worked hard to take the top for himself...I must become like that too!" I mumbled, clenching my fist in determination.

   "Well, Izu. You should first worry about the upcoming concert this Saturday." Aika whispered besides me, making me jump.

   "Oh...I totally forgot about that..."