08

"This is my girlfriend and she is pregnant

"This is my girlfriend and she is pregnant." Jaemin felt his heart stop beating after he heard his own words, he managed to keep the blank expression on his face. Glancing over at the surprised girl he pulled her behind him to cover her from his father's view.

When his father called him in the morning to "talk." Jaemin knew his dad would pull something to convince him into getting married, so he came in prepared to convince his dad otherwise. Except he didn't have a plan and honestly even when he was leading his dad downstairs with all the executives following them, he didn't have a plan. It wasn't until he spotted a pregnant employee and then a girl who didn't look like an employee did he get the idea. Now all he hoped for it to work out.

Yeseul tried to pull away from the strange boy's grip. She assumed he had mistaken her for someone else or maybe the boy was just a lunatic. She was seventeen not someone's pregnant girlfriend.

Mr. Na stepped closer to his son and tried to move him out of the way. Jaemin tried to stand his ground but one stern look from his father and he stepped away tugging at his ears as he was filled with nerves.

Yeseul's eyes widened as she came face to face with a angry old man. It felt like her tongue had stopped functioning at just the sight of the man.

"What is your name?" His voice was stone cold. Yeseul wanted to open her mouth and explain that they had the wrong person, but her legs felt weak at the sight of the frightening man. Deciding it would be easier to say her name then actually explain she opened her mouth fighting herself to say something while the man's gave piercing into her skin

"Ye- Yes-Yeseul." She managed time stutter out. She couldn't even tell if she was blinking. She didn't understand why the man was glaring at her, she didn't even do anything.

"Do you not have a last name?" Jaemin's father sounded rude as if he was looking down on the girl.

"Min, Min Yeseul." The young girl squirmed under his fire like gaze, her eyes finding the floor more interesting. She wondering how she got dragged into this mess.

"You're pregnant?" He whipped.

"I-" No I'm not pregnant, I'm 18 and I'm here for a job because I need to take care of my siblings. Leave me alone. That's what she wanted to say, but her words were caught in her throat.

"Appa you're scaring her." Jaemin pulled her beside him again trying to step in front of her as he did so.

"Both of you leave, I'll talk to you about this later."

Jaemin felt like the weight of the world was off his shoulder's as his father turned to leave. Not wasting a second, he dragged Yeseul with him into the elevators to the parking garage. As soon as the two of them were alone in the elevator Yeseul broke down into a cold sweat.

"What just happened? Who are you? Why did you say that? What-" Jaemin places his hands on the girl's shoulders.

"Calm down, I'll explain when we get into my car I swear."

"I'm not getting into a car with a stranger."

"Listen I really don't have time to fight you on this, please just cooperate with me." Yeseul shook her head and began walking away as soon as the elevator doors opened. She needed to find the exit and get away from the delusional guy. Jaemin ran over to his car and unlocked it quickly. Getting in, he backed out and swerved in front of the girl blocking her way after he had reached her.

"Just get in please. I need your help." The desperate and genuine worry in his voice gave the soft hearted girl no choice but to get into the car.

"Please explain." Jaemin drove around as he explained the the literal stranger beside him the one of many problems in his life.

"So," Yeseul's head was turning

"So," Yeseul's head was turning. "i'm order to get out of your arranged marriage you lied to your dad about having a girlfriend and that girlfriend is me. And apparently I'm pregnant?" Jaemin nodded sheepishly. He felt stupid. He should have had his lie prepared before he went to meet his father. Now he was pulling someone in and didn't even know if she would be reliable.

"I'm sorry about what's happening in your life, but I can't help you." Jaemin's eyes almost fell out of his head as he looked over at the girl.

"What why?!"

"I just can't." Yeseul opened the door and got out of the car in the middle of traffic and ran to the sidewalk.

"No wait!" He was cut off by the honking of horns behind him. His stopped car was blocking traffic since the light turned green. "Fuck." He spotted her getting on a bus and turned his car out of no where to follow behind it.

Yeseul let out a small breath of air as she slouched into the bus seat. She just missed a job interview of lifetime for a stranger whose problems where nothing compared to hers. Yeseul still felt bad for him though. If it was any other situation she would have helped him, but right now getting a job and caring for her siblings was all that she cared about. How could she offer help when she was in need of it?

"He'll figure it out." She mumbled as she turned her attention to the window swallowing up her guilt.