15.

Chapter 15.

I woke up that morning with what felt like a tight face, puffy eyes and a crooked back.

Yet I was warm, comfortable and something smelt amazing.

I snuggled further into the bed and also into a clothed chest. He groaned beside me and squeezed me to his body more strongly.

"Xavier." I whispered. I looked up to see his face. He looked so peaceful while he slept. His peace didn't come out often, even when he tried.

"Xavier." I whispered again. His eyes fluttered open, he looked tired and worn out. I didn't know how to feel as I looked to him. "You okay?" I asked. He looked down to me and then turns around to look at the wall. He pulled his arm over his eyes and he groaned.

"Fuck." He let out as he coughed the sleep away in his throat.

"You okay?" I repeated. I saw the slight nod of his head, but before I could do anything else, Xavier had gotten up from he sofa.

He stretched and I shamefully had to admit that I did look at his bulging muscles in his back and arms as he did so.

He then made his way to the small kitchen and I got up to watch him.

"Coffee?" He asked as he stood still at the pot.

"Yeah, thank you," I watched him move around the kitchen, he didn't look at me once. He didn't speak to me at all. My heart sank, had I pushed it too far? Had I scared him off?

He brought my cup and gave it to me. I looked up to him but he looked down to the floor. I took the cup.

"Thanks," I said quietly. Xavier nodded firmly before putting his cup on the table and taking himself to the toilet.

He was acting strange this morning, my heart sank and I felt...bad. He seemed with drawn, far away and in some other land. I didn't know how to react. It just didn't feel right.

When he came back after a few minutes, he picked up his cup and downed the liquid in one. I watched him swallow it all, it did things to me, yet I was too upset to really feel anything.

"Xavier-"

"I'm going to go now, see you soon." He said before making his way to the door.

"Wait, Xavier-"

"Look, I'm out of my depths, it's awkward." He looked to me, and after his words, I couldn't speak. Awkward? He didn't need to feel like that around me. "I'm going." He said before shutting the door behind him.

I huffed as I laid back down on the sofa. I didn't know why Xavier's attitude had changed.

What was he going to do? What was he doing now?

I wanted to scream, I was angry and just a little hurt. Xavier always seemed to run away from the things that scared him. It wasn't helping anything.

Suddenly, the door knocked, and before I could even go to see who it is, the door opened and in came Katie bouncing away with Mali on her tail, almost having to drag herself in.

I jumped two feet high on the sofa and the coffee nearly went everywhere.

"You scared me!" I said as I laid a hand to my chest. Katie laughed as she plopped down beside me.

"I did knock." She stated. I huffed again as Mali sat on the arm chair beside me.

"What you doing here?" I asked them. Mali seemed to snicker in reply as Katie looked to her firmly before looking to me.