09

Her phone buzzed in her hand for the tenth time

Her phone buzzed in her hand for the tenth time. Ringing again probably from Chan. Frustrated she turned it off and put it into her pocket. She didn't even know what to tell him. She decided she would deal with the world tomorrow as she walked up the steep road to her house unaware of the car following behind her. As her house came into view the girl was filled with sadness. The image of her grandmother standing outside waving to her played in front of her eyes. Halmeoni always had a smile and if she was still here Yeseul would have one too. Repressing the depressing thoughts of her grandma. She forced herself to go numb chastising herself for still thinking about the older lady, what Yeseul didn't know was that grief came in different ways. As she got closer to the house it dawned on her. She was again jobless— back to square one.

"Halmeoni, I need you." Entering her dark house she sighed. Not even bothering to open up the blinds as she sunk into the couch. Staring blankly at the wall she felt broken. Her eyes filled with tears that she angrily wiped away, but they seemed never ending.

"It's all his fault. That, that Na Jaemin! I hate you." She announced trying to put blame on her situation on someone, but deep down she knew it wasn't anyone's fault.

The grandfather clock in the corner that her grandmother always said that her husband carved himself chimed loudly as the clock struck 3

The grandfather clock in the corner that her grandmother always said that her husband carved himself chimed loudly as the clock struck 3. Yeseul wiped her tears and forced herself to stand up she needed to pretend everything was okay for her siblings. Practicing a smile she left the door again. Her eyes fell on an oddly placed car. The expensive vehicle looking out of place in the cramped street. Yeseul's eyes widened.

"What the heck?" She walked closer and spotted the boy from earlier inside. He was sitting in the car with his eyes closed. Yeseul decided to slip away unnoticed. Rushing down the street. As if she didn't have enough problems, now the boy was following her.

Putting on a happy face as she approached the preschool, she searched the young faces for her youngest sister. As always she was bombarded by the little girl's hug, bending down she scooped her up in her arms and held her tightly. Needing a warm embrace more than anything on a horrible day like this.

"Hi baby!" She feigned excitement. "How was school?" She asked like usual as the walked towards the teacher to get check out. Afterwards the two of them walked down together towards Joon's school.