Linked

Warning: This somehow turned into a rambling session with me wandering off topic frequently. Sorry.

Feel free to comment as you read, I love hearing thoughts but please give your overall thoughts when you finish reading this whole message.

My brain is a mess, I apologise in advance 💕🤭

Hey humans, it's 3:27am and I've got stuff I want to talk about so let's.

Last August(2019), I unpublished my book Linked and took it down from Wattpad completely.

This came after my third attempt of writing it, it may have been my 2nd acrually- those who were present correct me if I'm wrong please.

But before I deleted it down, I tried pausing, going on breaks, starting from scratch and slowing down my update schedule for it.

None of it worked.

It was really hard for me to delete Linked because it was my 3rd book for the Mated Series and it was about one of my favourite characters to date, Katerina.

But I had to, for multiple reasons but the main ones for me were because:

1) I tried to write that book so many times and each time I kept going wrong.
2) I wasn't excited to write updates.
3) At the time the feedback I was getting wasn't as strong as it was for Beta Mates and Perfect Mates.
4) I was forcing myself to write it and not enjoying it.

So I deleted it, made a long ass message explaining why and I promised my humans that I wouldn't publish any work again that I didn't see myself carrying all the way to the end.

Which, in hindsight, was a bad promise because I write these books for me and promising that is restricting my own creativity.

But anyway,
I think that was the best decision I could've made at that time for myself and my books.

1) I was writing 3 books at once and STRESSING myself out to provide consistent updates.

2) I was trying to world build with very little writing skills at the time and found myself running into blocks I didn't know how to remove.

3) It was my first heterosexual book that I was trying to world build in. I wrote a hetero book before but I don't like it lol and I was lik 14.

4) It was my first time trying to write an adventure book. When I wrote Linked I saw it more of an adventure book than a romance - I wanted it to be Kat's story with some love involved.

So in summary, there were multiple factors that combined to create the ultimate shitshow for a book with great potential - in my eyes.

Almost a full year later, I still get a lot of people asking me about Katerina's book, her story, where Linked went and if I ever plan to write it again.

Most of it is from new readers who didn't see the message and just hear about it in comments and are confused. But some of it is also from my humans who miss the book or wish they could've read it before I took it down.

Honestly, I didn't think people would want Linked as much as they do. As I said, while I was writing it the feedback was very limited in comparison to my other books.

Like when I say limited, I mean not even half the comments I got for Beta Mates, which I was writing at the time. And you guys know I love my comments. It helps my thought process for the book and next chapter, it just makes me happy to see what people think whether good or bad, and I just love comments.

With not much comments for Linked, I saw that as it not doing well or being a bad story. In hindsight, that was probably because I have a bxb audience so of course less people would want to read a Hetero book. And also, I was forcing updates and maybe they didn't enjoy it too much.