Chapter 35

Poseidon's POV

Sally left to head back home, not before promising to get more update about Rhea from us.

Triton joined me in the throne room where we looked at Rhea's journey. She made it safely to land, close to camp. Triton was on edge and so am I.

I was about to go to Rhea when I saw the Minotaur chase her.

"Lord Poseidon," the Fates appeared, "You must not interfere."

What the...? I think, locking eyes with Triton for a second.

"You can't expect me to let her get hurt. She can be killed!" I say, looking back at the bubble screen that shows me Rhea.

"We have seen her fate, she will not join the dead any time soon, Lord Poseidon," Clotho said. I feel more assured, but it doesn't mean that she will not get hurt.

Lachesis spoke up, "You cannot interfere with this. She is a demi-god. She will experience pain, sorrow and loss. You cannot spare her from that."

"I will do whatever I can to spare her from that!" I hiss out.

"It is inevitable," Atropos said, "You can be there for her, but you cannot stop her from experiencing bad things in her life."

Clotho spoke up, "She will reach camp soon. It won't be long until it is revealed that she is your daughter. Triton must claim her first, for when the truth is revealed, the others will know where his loyalties lay."

I nod in agreement and they left, leaving Triton and myself to discuss this visit.

There's something different about Rhea. Something that makes the Fates intervene in her life. But whatever it is, I will be damned if I let anyone try to take her from me. I will not allow it. Not even death itself will take her.

"What is she doing? We trained her better than that!" Triton clenches out, I focus again on her journey to camp.

"Look at her face, my son. She is terrified, she has faced us in battle, she knows us. Monsters are something she has never faced before." I say, feeling frustrated that I've been forbidden from helping. I'm sure I just sunk two ships in the Atlantic ocean.

"Calm down father, the poor mortals. Rhea will be fine," Triton said. He sensed their deaths. Oops.

She made it to camp alive. She killed the bull and I'm proud of her for that. It took her longer than I thought she would but that's okay.

I've never regretted the creation of the Minotaur more than what I do now. It's partially my fault that it exists, having cursed his mother to fall in love with a bull.

Rhea was being taken care of by Athena's spawn. I don't like her, or Athena, but if Rhea wants to make friends with my rival, then so be it. But if Rhea is anything like me, then she won't like her for being self-righteous and arrogant, as are all the traits of Athena. I don't even know the girl, but she's most likely the same as all her other siblings.

"Triton, are you ready?" I ask him, referring to claiming Rhea.

He nods, we focus back on the camp.

"Yes, my father is Triton, sea messenger god," she states proudly, and then Triton claimed her. His symbol of power above her head.

"Well, there we have it," Chiron said, "Unfortunately Triton does not have a cabin here, so you'll have to stay in the Hermes cabin fo-"

That's definitely not happening.

And before he could finish his sentence, I claimed her too. Lightning struck a tree close to the farmhouse. I appeared in front of Zeus.