Chapter 20

Christian POV

"Where are you? Caleb is already here" Selena asked dramatically for the fifth time.

"I am on my way" I said and hung up.

Selena was my very good friend, we met at the college and instantly became friends because we were too similar.
She had her own cosmetic brand and was in Paris for a month with her boyfriend.
I didn't know why she suddenly came back and wanted to meet us.

I was heading to the restaurant when I saw a very familiar face which I would never forget in my life. But what distracted me was the guy next to her. I stopped my car and parked it and ran towards them. I stopped in front of them and saw Malena with a guy, smiling like they were so close. She never gave me such smile.

"What are you doing here?" I wanted to ask but it came out very rudely.

"I... Am on a date" she whispered.

Date?

I had been so nice to her and we were getting close and I thought we both had a chance but everything shattered. Just one sentence broke all those hopes I had in my heart that she was forgiving me and we could be something but... No.

I looked at her last time and left. I called Selena informing her about my absence and went back.

I busied myself in work until I realized that it was 4am and I didn't even blink. I needed some rest but how?
I was infuriated right now, I just wanted to go and tell her how possesive I was about her.

But if I did I would loose both me and her. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself.

*
I was in my office doing my work in a very awful mood and I swear if anyone tried to piss me that person will be gone not from the company but from the world.

I called Malena and when she stepped in I found her still, which made me madder.
"You're gonna waste your time standing there?" I snapped.

She looked at me disbelieving me and made her way to my desk.
I threw the files and told her to check them.

Before leaving I told her to make coffee for me. I really needed coffee.

I didn't care whether she went on a date or not. If she didn't give me a damn then why should I? I could have any woman... But I wanted her. This was the problem she was the only woman who gave me weird feelings who could make me nervous in front of her.

She again came in which made me sadder than pissed. I didn't like the idea of her being with someone else. And this was the time I realized, I was smitten with her.

No I couldn't show her my emotions if she didn't care about me.

"Where are your manners? Do I have to tell you to knock?" I yelled at her and heard her apologize.

When I took a sip, I scrunched my nose. It was too sweet.

"Make it again" I said not even giving her a look. Whenever I look at her angelic face all I wanted to do was kiss her endlessly and declare her mine as much as I wanted to be hers.

I made her remake the coffee, I didn't know how many times. In the small part of my heart U didn't like it but I ignored that voice.

The last time she came and put my coffee on the table and left without even listening to me. How much I loved her attitude.

I was about to call her back but stopped when I saw a lipstick mark on my cup. It was hers, I knew her lipstick shade because I stared at her lips most of the time.

Creepy!

I took a sip of coffee from where she took. It was the most amazing coffee I ever had. I loved it.

My compliments were interrupted by my phone. I saw the caller ID.

"Selena, I am busy" I told her.

"Shut up. You didn't even come last night. By the way I heard about you and that secretary of yours. What's going on?" she asked, I could imagine the smirk on her face.

"It's nothing. You tell me why you came back suddenly? And how is Mark?" I asked changing the topic.

"I broke up with him" she told me simply. Like it was not a big deal.

"Why?" I asked her.

"He was being an as*hole. I don't know but he was being too bossy and was ordering me. When I confronted him that I'm not liking such behavior he threw tantrums at me. So I dumped him" she told me.

"Oh, don't be sad" I said sarcastically.

"Shut up. Sad will be the last thing I'll be. He was being an as*hole, why will I be sad dumping him?" she said and then I realized this was what I was being to Malena.

Even though she liked someone else I shouldn't have done that just because of my feelings which she didn't even know.

What if she also thought the same about me now?

"You there?" she asked.

"Yeah" I whispered.

"What has happened to you? First you suddenly cancelled your plan and now you're distracted. Come on tell me" she insisted, not letting the topic go.

"It's nothing" I said confidently.

"You're telling me or I'm going to come there and make a scene" she warned me and it worked.

I told her everything.

"Jesus, never thought you would be a bigger as*hole than my ex boyfriend" she said to herself but unfortunately I heard her too. "Look, it was just a date and now go apologize. And tell her how you feel. Come on you can't be a scaredy cat" she advised.

"But what if she said no?" I asked.

"Wow... Christian lacking confidence. This is the first time I have seen you like this. I want to meet that woman. And no, trust me if she likes you back then she'll say yes" Selena's words actually worked. Maybe the date maybe went horribly wrong after I left.
Maybe they both weree completely opposite or maybe she told him she liked me.
Okay last part was not true but I wished it was.

"I guess you again zoned out. But go for it buddy" she cheered and we end the call.

I got up and went straight to her office...

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I hope you like this chapter please do
Vote
Comment
Share