IHMFB : EPILOUGE TWO

SONG RECOMMENDATION :
(this is just for the first part of the chapter)
OLDER (Sasha Sloan)

Yeonjun did it.

After 6 years, he did it.

The day before the proposal, Yeonjun drove to his dad's office building, which was 45 minutes away from where he lives.

He went into the building, ignoring the woman at the front desk asking who he was, and went straight to the 25th floor where his father worked. Yeonjun reached the floor and walked to the CEO's office.

He pushed open the door and walked in. His father, hair whiter than it was years ago, more wrinkles, looked at Yeonjun, and then stopped.

"I'll call you back." He gruffed in his smoker's voice to the person on the other end, before cutting the call.

"After years of being absent, you decide to show up like this?" Yeonjun's father asked, snickering.

"Don't act foolish. You know why I wanted to leave you. I'm not here to ask for anything. Not for money, or respect, or your love. Nothing. Because I know I'll get none of it from you." Yeonjun spat.

"It's sad that you were part of me." Yeonjun growled, tears welling up in his eyes, voice shaky.

"But it's more heartbreaking when I realized, I've never felt your love." Yeonjun said, hands coiling into fists.

"It's sad, dad. You gave me nothing but pain— physically, emotionally, and mentally."

His father looked at him, not saying anything.

"I just need you to know." Yeonjun said lowly, eyes darkened.

"I need you to know you made life living hell for me. I need you to know that sending me away from you was the best thing you've done for me. I need you to know that mom was the sweetest— most amazing person ever and she didn't fucking deserve you." Yeonjun let out the last part weakly, eyes close to welling up.

Yeonjun's father stood up, frowning, "What are you saying?"

"Mom. If she was here, she would've told you herself. But she can't. So I will, for her. You're terrible. A terrible man, a horrible father, and an even worse husband. You h-hurt her. Why? Why did you hurt her? She never did anything to you! She never said anything! A-All she ever did was try and protect me." Yeonjun can't help but cry.

"Back when you were a child, Daniel, I used to get drunk too often. And in those instances, I'd hurt your mother. But I loved her, you should know that-"

"You didn't." Yeonjun said, not wanting to feel like a child, but feeling close to it with how his voice wavered.

"And if you did, then mom didn't love you. She wanted to leave. She only stayed for me." Yeonjun continued.

Yeonjun's father looked down, "I know."

Yeonjun took a deep breath, a hatred growing deeper inside of him by seeing the old man.

"Doesn't matter. The reason I came here was to tell you that I've been with someone for 6 years now, and I'm going to propose tomorrow."